Danny Macaskill - April 2009

Inspired Dave

I wonder if danny knows what a response this has got?

I'm sure he doesn't live in a cave... although maybe if he starts wearing a white fireproof suit and full face white helmet, he could be like the stig on a bike :P

Youtube must be giving him money for this? Someone before was telling me you could get it for advertising?

Theres not many videos I look out for, but Danny Macaskill videos are ones I do. I'm absolutely amazed by this, things I didn't possible.

I love the reaction of people in the street!

Certain parts of the video I let out some stupid laugh in disbelief, lol. Amazing Danny, you seem to improve 20 fold with each video, can't wait for the next!

everyone in my house has just watched this in complete silence apart from a few 'what the f**k', 'oh my god' and 'hahahahahahaha' moments

none of them ride, just me, they cannot believe it is possible.

i love the filming and editing (doesn't dave work with ride magazine? swear i've seen some articles?)

it shows what can be achieved with a fresh outlook and a different perspective, bmx videos have an air of quality and professionallism which many trials vids lack, but this one breaks the mould!

thanks very much danny and dave for creating this uproar, i'm pretty sure it will change the direction of trials forever!!

I dont know why i am even commenting as its all been said and nothing more really can be added.

he is one dirty, dirty b*****d.

Something that I feel has not really got the credit it deserves is the filming and editing the Sowerby has put into this video. Every part of it is sublime, everything seems to be the perfect angle, not one shot looks sh*t. something that NO other trials video has ever done. He deserves alot of kudos on this video.

danny...your shite

ISomething that I feel has not really got the credit it deserves is the filming and editing the Sowerby has put into this video. Every part of it is sublime, everything seems to be the perfect angle, not one shot looks sh*t. something that NO other trials video has ever done. He deserves alot of kudos on this video.

Errr, I think this has been given a lot of credit over the past 16 pages... Plus there have been good videos before, from Nick G, Jonny Jones, Reed Merchat, etc... It's a little OTT to say that there's never been a good video before.

lol, it gets on my nerves when people say its parkour on a bike! Trials has been around for about 20 years longer than parkour!

I am dead happy for Dan though, he had better become a household name now!

yeah I hated that too ... although I guess strictly speaking what danny does isnt trials STREET I guess parkour is the easiest way to give a description to non riders.

I hope he startes earning megabucks :)

Errr, I think this has been given a lot of credit over the past 16 pages... Plus there have been good videos before, from Nick G, Jonny Jones, Reed Merchat, etc... It's a little OTT to say that there's never been a good video before.

ok...maybe a tad OTT haha. there have been good videos before but this was excellent - a complete different level. Just my opinion.

i havent read the full 16 pages, just kinda glanced along it, but i still think it deserves more. :).

To say the response to this video from trials/cycling community and even the general public has been unexpected would be somewhat of an understatement! haha

I have been on the phone to Danny a few times, and I thought it was worth putting up a few words about how he's feeling about it all.

When I asked him if he had anything to say in response to the reaction of the video, his main comments were that it has made him unbelievably happy and generally in shock about it all. He genuinely didn't expect people to like the video this much, but seeing people's overwhelming positivity about not only his riding but the video as a whole has made all the hard work and effort from both him and Dave (Sowerby) feel worthwhile. While he has a feeling of satisfaction that the video he has been thinking about night and day (it literally kept him awake sometimes thinking about all the lines he wanted to get done) for months has now been finished, he now has renewed and increased motivation for riding and is determined that his next video will top this latest one!

People who have met Danny will no doubt agree that he is down to earth and extremely modest about his riding, and while he is often a man of few words, I can't say enough about how grateful he is for all your comments so far.

I don't know if you meant it like that or not, but people have been doing 360 whips and 180 whips off stuff and over stuff on BMX for a while now. Aaron Ross was doing hop 360 whips at Backyard Sheffield which was a while back now.

I ride BMX and watch a load of BMX videos but i've never witnessed a 360 Tailwhip DROP or 180 Tailwhip Drop Say down a 5 Set. I've seen it done on flat by 4 (Aaron Ross, Scotty Cranmer, Mark Webb) people but it's sketchy and doesn't look smooth at all. Except for this

I seriously think danny is capable of still improving his stuff ALOT before his 'time is up' so to speak.

To say the response to this video from trials/cycling community and even the general public has been unexpected would be somewhat of an understatement! haha

I have been on the phone to Danny a few times, and I thought it was worth putting up a few words about how he's feeling about it all.

When I asked him if he had anything to say in response to the reaction of the video, his main comments were that it has made him unbelievably happy and generally in shock about it all. He genuinely didn't expect people to like the video this much, but seeing people's overwhelming positivity about not only his riding but the video as a whole has made all the hard work and effort from both him and Dave (Sowerby) feel worthwhile. While he has a feeling of satisfaction that the video he has been thinking about night and day (it literally kept him awake sometimes thinking about all the lines he wanted to get done) for months has now been finished, he now has renewed and increased motivation for riding and is determined that his next video will top this latest one!

People who have met Danny will no doubt agree that he is down to earth and extremely modest about his riding, and while he is often a man of few words, I can't say enough about how grateful he is for all your comments so far.

We're Dooooooooooomed

I spoke to danny yesterday, he said hes doing alot more demos fulltime now and i think the response from the video has helped with that.

I must say im so glad hes doing this on a 24inch trials/street bike. As its a bike that hasnt really been pushed into the riding seen yet and i think this is the start of it. As i know phil feeney and pratt and myself in the past have tryed to push it more.

After watching the video its made me want to try anything on the bike.

Anyway, i said well done to danny god knows how many times when i was on the phone with him.

well done, and keep it up (Y) .

Ive just watched this, open mouthed, with my housemate. And neither of us can believe what we just saw. Absolutley inspiring, amazing and awesome spectacle

Seriously good stuff danny....Im impressed to the max again

I do love errors in news stories... According to the Scotsman, the film is called inspired bicycles...

Isn't "Bough" spelt "Bow" as well, or have I missed something?

One thing that amazed me though, is how he has broken so little?! I've done both my femurs and I'm nowhere near his level :S Pure talent.

OI! DANNY! Stop giving time to papers and come post your thoughts here yourself! :P

It's a witty newstastic pun on bough, as in the bough of a tree, presumably because he flairs off one in the vid?

Ah yes, I thought it might have been something like that but didn't make the tree link. It's pretty shoddy to be honest! Even going down the obvious - "Take a leaf out of Dannys book and branch out your riding style" would have been better!