Films!?

ogre

Just watched London Boulevard, twas alright, would probs give it 6 possibly 7 out of 10, can defiantly see what people where saying about not being able to relate with the characters but twas an alright film me tinks...

There will be blood on the other hand was recommended by bro in law so I bought it and yea it was well shot but it bored the hell out of me, I'm not a there has to be action person for there to be something happening but there was nothing happening in that film, it will be a long while before I watch that film again that's for sure

x

Sheat - cummon man! Boring? I couldn't take my eyes off the screen for the whole film. Just hours of tension and beautiful dialogue. Each to their own, but sheat man, you ain't gotta play a brother like that!

You've just made Daniel Day Lewis' moustache mad!

I went into it knowing it was meant to be an amazing film, I didn't know the story but I knew it was meant to be good. it had a couple of powerful scenes but I was always waiting for it to pick up and get exciting.....which it never seemed to do. I just think I was expecting a different type of film, perhaps if I watched it again knowing what to expect I would enjoy it more, but that will have to wait.

Watched 'Unknown' with Liam Neeson. Really annoyed me! spoiler:

Its just a massive duplicate of Bourne Identity with a slightly better twist at the start. Like literally the same, Im sure some of the lines scripted are the same...

Also watched source code which I liked quite a bit. Not sure on the ending though... but I was in a bad mood from Unknown really!

I went into it knowing it was meant to be an amazing film, I didn't know the story but I knew it was meant to be good. it had a couple of powerful scenes but I was always waiting for it to pick up and get exciting.....which it never seemed to do. I just think I was expecting a different type of film, perhaps if I watched it again knowing what to expect I would enjoy it more, but that will have to wait.

I see what you're saying. It was never going to be an all action - super exciting film, but i think the tension throughout is unbearable, which is what i enjoyed about it. It's like when you're in company amongst two people who despise one another and you're stuck in the middle and can't even open your mouth your so tense - that's how it felt to me.

I just looked forward to any time 'Daniel' spoke - wondering what he'd come out with. Also, whilst not overly pleasant a thought, i do quite admire and understand the characters view of/on humanity.

Finally, one thing i get from it, is a sense of inspiration (in a fairly loose sense) in that the main character repeatedly says 'allow me to speak plainly' and then does with no BS what so ever - this i admire and would like to incorporate more. I find parallels with how Hemingway writes - no fluff, nothing unnecessary - straight to the point.

Anyone seen Source Code? I liked it a fair bit and would watch it again, but it annoys me that surely because he's reliving another persons memory how does he move around when the previous person had none of that in his memory. Sounds confusing the way I phrased that.

It was more like the denzel washington film 'deja vu' whereby the machine is supposed to only be viewing a previous set of events, however it actually links into the past and by changing what happens in the past opens up for the idea of new realities being put in place according to branching universe theories.

Most films I love too watch mostly include football violence: Football Factory, Green Street, Awaydays, Cass, Rise of the Footsoldier, This is England etc the list could go on...

Seen most of these now. Got anymore good suggestions? The Nick Love ones I've seen most of, probably my favourite was The Business.

Football factory is gash and so is Green street! I mean a hobit as a football holigan get the f**k out!! Rise of the foot soldiers is an AWESOME film. Cas is pretty cool film too. My old man actually knew Cas when they were growing up in the same part of London. But i think these "London Gangster" films are getting abit old now.

We were soldiers is quite good problaby my only critisim (its a very small one) is Mel Gibson's southern accent!! Havent seen tunnel rats is it any good? Any war film fans seen southern comfort??

Southern Comfort is awesome! Love the atmosphere in that film.