Post A Video Of Todays Riding

isitafox

Aye, I see, you like the easy way out! Slacker! :P 

The only time the Ben Travis Technique looks good is if you, after the hop, catch the engagement of your hub and roll back slightly. The reason for catching the engagement of your hub is to control the speed of the roll back with the pressure on the pedals. I'd try to catch the engagement (right foot forward) with my crank at around 120 degrees, roll back till my crank is at 45 degrees, then kick up to back wheel...Then i'm goin away!

• Like 1

Would like a video to illustrate it as I don't really see what that "roll back" can be. 

The only think I dislike in this up to front gesture, is that I have to push again pedals to get the endo. With that tiny "roll back (45°round) I could have horizontal pedals on the endo without having to pedal cancel if that makes sense. My english comes to a limit when I need to understand/explain gestures :/

Actually I don't overthink it. I wanted up to front to two 90 an obstacle and it happened. I will work on the steez once I really get the technique on odd heights. Swapping wheels or 90, from both sides, straight forward and 180 up to front. 

No hops is already a pain Ha!

Will practice them some today, thanks for advices anyway

Edited by Shub

Now since flu cut my riding for few days I decided to collect all the best clips from my riding progress and create some sort of compilation. This is by no means a good video or anything, the purpose of these bad quality phone clips has been mostly to help self analyzing and learn about my riding. I'm strongly creative and visual person and capturing my riding has helped a lot to troubleshoot problems and develop skills and confidence.

Some background:
Been riding MX and quite tech moto enduro(almost trials) for couple of years in the past, still on a newbie level though. Two years ago I moved completely to bicycles due to lack of money, and now I wouldn't look back. This stuff allows so much more fun and endless creativity, more actual riding and less time consuming hassle than moto. Before starting trials I was able to wheelie my mtb using rear brake nearly as long as I want. Also stoppies and pivoting the bike around was something I practiced already years ago. So I actually got a quite good starting point, but needless to say the difficulty of trials kicked in my face pretty quickly.

So where we are now..
I'm pretty stoked on the progress I've made so far. For me fear has been a major problem when trying certain stuff like drops or side hops, and I tend to overthink a lot. That was obviously a problem with moto as well. I feel like I have tons of understanding to moves and find it very easy to visualize them in my head, but fear is stopping me. I'm 26 now so it's not even "that" easy to do new scary things anymore compared to fearless kids. But things are getting better for sure with more experience, not worried about that. 

In the last couple of months I've especially focused on precision and smooth riding, even if it's a curb I'm jumping on to. Would definitely have the skills to do bigger drops and stuff already if I aimed to that, but I hate sketchy looking riding and want to develop a solid base before trying anything bigger, avoiding injuries as well. Absolutely impressed by the controlled smooth riding styles of guys like say Ali C, Akrigg, also numerous other more or less known + many of the modern comp riders out there. If I'm not practicing, I'm basically watching these guys all the time.

Any feedback about my riding is much appreciated!

Edited by Jere_h
Video link
  • Like 5

On 11/20/2018 at 8:01 PM, Jere_h said:

(...)

This is a really good idea! I also record my riding with poor camera to analyze the clips later on in home.
If you don't have anyone who can advise/check the technique/correct your body then this is the best way to learn and progress.

I agree with you. In young age you are not thinking about the fear and consequences/injures. The older you are the more fear you have.

Keep going, have fun and don't give up!
Someone told me: if you want to be good at it/learn it, just... practice more^_^

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...