Manufacturers.......this Is What We Want!

murph82

If a certain company could make a slightly smaller pitch chain and sprocket so that 18:15 gearing would = 380mm stays, I would be very interested smile.gif

How about a spring loaded BB that you could load up with massive tension by pedalling backwards a few times till you hear a loud 'click' and then release the tension (with maybe a button on the handlebar) causing your pedal kick to be massively amplified sending the bike and rider into the atmosphere whistling.gif

18-15 does = 380mm stays though.

If a certain company could make a slightly smaller pitch chain and sprocket so that 18:15 gearing would = 380mm stays, I would be very interested smile.gif

How about a spring loaded BB that you could load up with massive tension by pedalling backwards a few times till you hear a loud 'click' and then release the tension (with maybe a button on the handlebar) causing your pedal kick to be massively amplified sending the bike and rider into the atmosphere whistling.gif

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha! that would be hilarious.

Better to put it in the rear hub.......

strain (stretch)=Stress/youngs modulus, as a percentage

So as far as breakage goes length is irrelevant, however shorter piece of metal individually will stretch less as the percentage of their original length is smaller, as a chain it will be just as bad though as it is the same length. If not worse actually as the pins act as stress concentrators and having more of them, and I assume half the size, will actually quadruple the stress in a similar sized chain link IIRC (it should be somewhere near quadrupled anyway, the actual stress is obtained via an ESDU chart and not calculated but it is an exponential shaped plot for plate with a hole)

edit: I missed a page so that seemed slightly out of the blue, I was referring to whoever quoted Ali's post saying half was incorrect.

Edited by MK999

Ali, refer to my previous post.

How about a spring loaded BB that you could load up with massive tension by pedalling backwards a few times till you hear a loud 'click' and then release the tension (with maybe a button on the handlebar) causing your pedal kick to be massively amplified sending the bike and rider into the atmosphere

That would be awesome :lol: Only one problem though, beginners would probably never learn to pedal kick. They'd just pre-load the bb and "pedal kick" by releasing the brake without actually coordinating it with the drivetrain :P

I don't know if this has been said but i'll give it a go anyway.

In regards to Onza1's suggestion, could you not have 19" vee mounts and stupidly long vee arms with tonnes of adjustment? I know it'd flex like a bitch but it'd help newbies out instead of being stuck with a 20" rear until they save up enough to upgrade. Another option for the vee is have 2 vee post positions that you can screw posts into?

Also something like this could be done for maggys. (I've made the 20" mounts red just to make the addition that little bit more obvious)

post-26753-0-61108400-1293722124_thumb.g

Nice idea for a thread. :) I'll be keeping a good eye here that's for sure!

I've been beavering away on ideas for a while and now am finally in a place to start developing them. Here are three problems that I'm working on:

• Frames Snap
  • Bashguards damage obstacles
  • The current rim brake mounting system.. isn't perfect

This could be a nice thread to spur on a lot of innovation. Post up things that annoy you/you don't want as well as solutions you've come up with!

Im currently working on a new mounting system brakes as it happen, they can be made a lot better, photos coming soon:)

And my bikes will also come with several bottom bracket options. However, the best part, there a dam site stronger too:) watch this space.

Customer: Those brake mounts look strange, what are they for?

Shop: It's so you can upgrade to a 19" wheel in the future if you wish.

Customer: Oh, a 19" wheel? Why would I want one of those?

Shop: [Explains why 19" wheels are better...]

Customer: Oh I see, I might aswell just get a bike with a 19" wheel if it's that much better!

;)

• Like 2

Im currently working on a new mounting system brakes as it happen, they can be made a lot better, photos coming soon:)

And my bikes will also come with several bottom bracket options. However, the best part, there a dam site stronger too:) watch this space.

I hope they are better than your spelling and grammar :S

I shall watch this space.

Instead of all these ridiculous adapter ideas, couldn't Onza just put a second set of lug mounts 1/2" lower than the current ones, then when you want to upgrade, unscrew your current lugs, move them to the lower mounts, voilá.

Or stick a disc mount on, that surely couldn't make the frame much more expensive to make?!