Manufacturers.......this Is What We Want!

murph82

The new ones look a lot cleaner than the old ones IMO, the headtube being tapered instead of just having steps out looks loads better, and the rest is reasonably clean too. Ain't no steel frame like a Leeson or something I guess, but I quite like frames that don't break :P

Though it's probably been mentioned several times in other threads and a few times in this one, is there any chance of Continental in the near future releasing a trials suitable pair of 20"/19" tyres? Considering the technology they use for their high end DH tyres, it would be pretty interesting to see it on some tyres for mods. Small market, but Maxxis went for it several years back with their Creepy Crawlers. Perhaps a Trial Queen/King feeler batch wouldn't hurt too much? I'd definitely feel a lot better spending around £50 or £60 on a 19" Conti tyre than a Try-All Stiky Lite no matter how much more improved they are over the old Stikys. (Y)

It's been mentioned before earlier in this thread but I like that someone else has had the same idea.

A D3O chainstay protector that protects the chainstay from impacts

Think how much the quality of the second hand frame market would go up if it became an essential like fat tyres and decent brakes...

Just a thought.

wouldn't that be heavy? or unresponsive?

Probably heavy, I wouldn't think it would be unresponsive though.

It's been done with prototypes running on jump bikes. I wouldn't like to take the weight penalty though.

Oh really? I don't suppose you have any link or pics please? Not sure what to type into Google!

Has this been mentioned? I have no idea where this pic is taken from.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=188221864545805&set=a.188221847879140.43880.187784951256163

Interesting idea. I'm working on a project involving belt drive bikes at the moment - it's an awesome system for 'normal' bikes, but I'm pretty sure it won't work for trials... The belts are manufactured to the safety standard/breaking load that all MTB chains have to meet, but as we all know, MTB chains don't work for trials...

Edit: Pretty sure that's some kinda of singlespeeder setup as those look like the 'normal' ENOs, not the trials ones...

Has this been mentioned? I have no idea where this pic is taken from.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=188221864545805&set=a.188221847879140.43880.187784951256163

Sounds like a really good idea.

It's been done with prototypes running on jump bikes. I wouldn't like to take the weight penalty though.

New trends in BikeTrial ? Freewheel for beltdrive with integraded bash. Rear sprocket made from alloy and carbon-fabric belt weight less then typical chain and CrMo sprocket. Yesss it's light!!!

Also.. if they made the belt weigh the same as a chain surly it'd be stronger?

The Inspired ones don't really sell, so there is no reason that the Trialtech ones would unfortunately!

It may because they aren't designed for 'proper' trials 24'', don't know why but that puts me off somehow.

I would try V Urbans, but I only seem to get on with Maguras, and don't (unless i have to) want to go front disk.