Stunt Scooters

kaybs41282

At the risk of getting another hobby that I can't fit into my life (or fad), I really fancy one of those stunt scooters that you blast around a skatepark on.

Anyone know much about them? Good makes, what to look out for.

Also, as a 28 year old male.... Will I look stupid? Lol

Dont bring your kid down with you.

Scooters are one step worse than fruity booters. No one likes them and unless you want to go to the skate park and receive a whole load of buse you will stay clear.

P.s I think the main reason they get so much stick is because its always little pikey kids who never get out the way and if its a bowl park they just go round and round in little groups so no one else can ride. One of those things, everyone in a skate park should get along but in reality scooters are just lame and annoying :)

Edited by GlynnP
  • Like 3

At the risk of getting another hobby that I can't fit into my life (or fad), I really fancy one of those stunt scooters that you blast around a skatepark on.

Anyone know much about them? Good makes, what to look out for.

Also, as a 28 year old male.... Will I look stupid? Lol

Why wouldn't you get a BMX which is much more suited to doing it, is much more practical, is better to ride, will allow you to go bigger, will allow you to go faster, and will allow you to ride on a larger variety of terrain? Bearing in mind most non-shit/non-deadly scooters cost about as much as a complete BMX, I don't really get why you'd want to ride one of those pieces of shit. It sort of sickens me you're even considering it, knowing you're also raising a child. What kind of example are you setting? :P

• Like 3

I'll be honest, she's got a little kiddie scooter and I've got a skateboard... We went to the skatepark earlier and did a swap and I had lots of fun on it. But I take your point about the bmx, I guess I just think the scooter looks easier to master

Edit: just seen the price of a

Second hand one on eBay... Cant justify buying one of those on a whim

Edited by kaybs41282

I think the reason scooters can seem easy to pick up is because it's so easy to take a foot off and keep going. My bird's cousin's kids all ride them. And they can do stuff so easily, just because they basically throw a foot down then do something. Like they seem to go up pretty big kickers and quarters, but it's normally only because they put a foot down on the lip and then drag themselves up with their foot. And like it's been said, you'd look mighty homo on one of those. I don't even think they do them in adult sizes do they?

If you want to get into something else for just a bit of part time fun I'd advise giving Parkour a go. Great way to keep fit, you can do it anywhere any time. All you need is a pair of trainers to get going as well.

i've got one :unsure:

my eldest boy rides one, and i was getting bored as hell stood around watching!

i find it quite fun, but i just spend most of my time trying manuals :lol:

oh yeah, i'm 31 btw, oldest scooter kid in town by far!