The Car Thread

MadManMike

Got my balls tingling mate, nice one.

One thing though, when you do the bottle reflection shot on the roof stick the product on a cloth, doesn't risk damaging the paintwork then.

This car has trees and other obstacles to worry about, not bottle scratches :P I get your point though. Wasn't planning on being too anal about it, it is after all a competition vehicle but it'd be nice to have it look good briefly. Also I was rather enjoying using clay, it's an amazing tool.

Bucky, advise me? Cheapest ebay coilovers I can get, a set of wheels and strip the hell out of it?

weld the diff. ten get some tk technix coils (search ebay theres plenty) and rip literally as much of the interior out as you can do.

i took everything from the b pillar back out for a drift day on NYE at Teesside and it seemed to work quite well

dont bother with 18s, they suck. 17s with low profile and mega PSi will see you sideways into a ditch/tree in no time at all :)

Greetings, I was looking at this on the phone and I genuinely thought that was a vagina model you get in sex education when I saw 3rd pic in.

Like I said before, lovely car, get some proper photos of it with some good landscapes for us?

Thanks, much appreciated :) Will have some proper pics taken once the car can legally hit the streets. Possibly next weekend.

In the mean time I'm off to get an MOT / register / insure it.

One last clip, 0-100mph acceleration, hit the mark in just over 11s. This thing is going to be absolutely mental on sprint events, can't wait to give it a proper go.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mapE8mBTOv8

Not sure on prices over there, but over here about £2000 maximum is about right depending on a lot of things.

How much would it cost to buy one from here and drive it over? We have quite a lot of 'Eunos' models in the UK, come from Japan, as they have higher power, LSD, air con, and mostly in better condition because they don't use salt on the roads over there :)

I don't know how much it'd cost to drive it over, but I like the idea :D

Will be over in october with my dad, and if I'm lucky he might help me, because I won't have my licence yet in october...

And here are the prices for used cars in switzerland: http://www.autoscout24.ch/Default.aspx?lng=de

Some go for quite a reasonable price, and some others models are pretty over the top as much as I can judge..

Should have a set of 17" staggered AC Schnitzer type 2's and a set of ebay coilovers by the end of next week.

There is a set of wheels on ebay that are cheap, and the buy it now isn't even that bad. They are only 30mins away, so I am going to bid or buy it now. They only have two days left.

Payday on Wednesday so will order the lows then, because I CBA to pay my cash into the bank lol

Dad had his first Rally today in his newest car today. Only got round to doing 2 stages before the gearbox mount to inner wing ripped off haha. Mental. I wasn't there but anyway. The new logos are on the car too, blue chequers. Usually hate my Dad's taste but I actually think it looks pretty hot! Got the wheels refurbed in white too.

7616246416_2af8ae9bd9_b.jpg

7616243578_e776e82335_b.jpg

7616240252_2b68ff6936_b.jpg

7616234908_995a827233_b.jpg

And my fav shot! Love the HDR setting on my phone, :D

7616237604_99805cfc62_b.jpg

• Like 2

Some seriously nice stuff in here this weekend it seems!

Focus looks brilliant, clearly a LOT of cash gone into the original build.

Alex: That's verging on perfection I have to say, it's absolutely beautiful in every way! Love the aggressive geometry up front too! How much camber is on there?

One thing I will say though, your cage BADLY needs padding. Door bars, and the diagonal above your left ear too.

I'd love to know what the whole build cost, roughly. I think to do something similar here in the UK would be well over £10k.

• Like 1

Jacked the car up this morning to sort out my undertray and surprised to see both wheels came up. Guess the car is quite stiff after all. :)

IMG_20120722_105336.jpg

Look at my 2 lovely dints, still annoyed about them (women drivers eh ;)) but hey ho they're getting sorted out next month.

Edited by Wrayvon