The Car Thread

MadManMike

Run out of talent or someone elses fault?

Dayum

Shiiiiiiittt. I hope your posting pictures on here means you're fine? Damn shame about the car but it's only metal. What happened?

Blimey! Hope you're OK

Blimey

Sheeeeeett... Hope you're ok? What happened?

As above

Haha, i guess it was run out of talent , and thinking back vetec may of actually kicked in at that point , lost the rear end , corrected it , fishtaled went up a curb, then went up a dropdown curb flipped me up , rolled it twice luckily I never hit anything considering I landed on the other side of the road, got out with a bruised left arm and 6 stiches in my right arm , I urge any of you who have a stripped out car to please put some form of door card on , I cut my arm on a screw cover , a nice round smooth cover which really opened my eyes up to be fair , considering in my 106 it was completely open with bits of sharp metal all over the place. Got to get selling what I can off the car now , don't have a clue what to get now , maybe go sensible , maybe buy a drift car , I even thought of getting another s2000 , shame I'm saving for a house next year so I can't see it being untill late feb untill I get something new with a 5k budget.

I'm ok though lads, bit gutted that 9k has been lost but it's not the end of the world, least I'm alive.

• Like 1

I'm ok though lads, bit gutted that 9k has been lost but it's not the end of the world, least I'm alive.

Could have been a lot worse, glad you're ok. It was a great car, but still just a car.

Can't see form the pics but it looks like the safety features (whatever they are) kept your head in one piece?

Came in here to post an update on the Die Hat Soup.

Removed interior behind front seats, ordered a steering boss, two 190mm rally lamps with HID bulbs and new front Vredestein tyres. Rear Fuldas seem to have a lot of meat on them so no need yet.

dsc01645i.jpg

dsc01657pr.jpg

dsc01655qk.jpg

Holes bunged up with fiberglass and cards, installed a really pro strut brace. Car caught fire a few times but it's ok.

zdjcie0177c.jpg

dsc01647gc.jpg

Kind of reminds me of this...

imag0067eb.jpg

• Like 1

Everyone says that if you own an S2000 for long enough it'll bite you. Unlucky mate, glad you're OK. Looks like a nasty one.

Anybody had any experience with these?

IMG_0490.JPG.opt860x480o0%2C0s860x480.JPG

You drive on like a normal ramp but with all 4 wheels. The front pivots whilst you use a trolley jack to lift up the back to the same height. Once the heights right you put axle stands underneath and hey presto, decent access under the whole car

link here for more details http://www.carlift-ramp-mr1.com/

Seems just the ticket for me as I can't afford proper ramps nor do i have enough roof height and these look easy and cheap enough to build myself. Would save so much time jacking up the car in the workshop! I also need some new ramps as i can't get my car up mine, even with the bumper off the space is super tight.....

I have plenty of steel to make it :) just need the main lengths, got the rest! I just need to make it long enough for my camper/pick up to get on! I will go for beefier steel than what the company have used...look at the bow in the photo I put up :S The other option is those see saw designs, but I think I prefer this, I can also make different ends for different heights/angles depending on the vehicle going on

Haha, Dan thats the only reason I want it... BUFFTING

Edited by Paul Oliver
  • Like 1

Looks like a nice solution, should be a much shallower angle than a see-saw one for the same height, and you get better access from the sides. The only think I'd immediately change about it is the bit the Jack goes under, as if you can get a jack under it, you won't get a low car's sump/front lip over it. My first thought would be to make it fairly thin and pivoting, so it lies flat while you drive over it, then you pivot it up 90deg to get the jack under it, but I guess the easier option would just be to make it removable.