The Car Thread

MadManMike

snapped a cam shaft, if you going to do it might as well make an effort and do it properly, clipped the limiter in 3rd then there was a bang! gives me something to tinker with this winter!

new cam in

made carbon scuttle base too

Dear penis that looks involved, what car is it?

Nora!!

Did the camshaft letting go cause any other damge then? Valves to pistons or anything?

Don't think so, done compression check all is good so hopefully it's fine.

Starting to strip and restore my vw camper in the next month or so, so playing with the kit car will take a step back I think

That's a really cool idea Alex, I think I might have to copy! Looks like you had a great season as well :)

Edit, I might struggle as the car is in bits already, hmmm, haha

Trophies scattered in and amongst the various stripped car parts might be kind of cool ;)

Was hoping to have a drive in my car today to see if it's started behaving itself again after getting stroppy after going through a flood, but now it's f**king snowing. f**k you, Mid Wales. f**k you.

Trophies scattered in and amongst the various stripped car parts might be kind of cool ;)

Was hoping to have a drive in my car today to see if it's started behaving itself again after getting stroppy after going through a flood, but now it's f**king snowing. f**k you, Mid Wales. f**k you.

Haha, nice idea... I need your artfag skills to make that happen :P

Strap a pair on lad ;)

Can get it done before I gatecrash the Stan's New House Destruction Party :P

I might give it a blast later on, but the prospect of being stuck at the side of the road last night in the dark and rain was bad enough, without adding "f**king cold and slippery" into the mix. I kind of just want to know though, so inevitably I'll head off out.

• Like 1

Been setting up the lighting for tomorrows comp and a while later I had a cloud of smoke coming from under the bonnet. Large-ish coolant leak, the whole bumper is wet and I can't pinpoint where the leak is coming from. The red b*****d knows when to break down, still got 24 hours to fix it. Off to a mechanic as soon as it cools down. Got nothing better to do now hence the post :P

Turned out to be a leaking radiator. So off to find a new one tomorrow morning.

Edited by Greetings

Brake pedal is literally down to the floor now - hurry up delivery!

Can tell all of this will go on and i'll need to replace the mast cylinder after all... Gonna give the bench bleed a go while it's all apart - it's not leaking fluid from anywhere so in my mind, kinda should still be working?

Edited by Skoze

Bought a set of really piss poor, massively overpriced replicas of the rocking horse shit rare OEM spoiler add-ons that came with 80 Competition models.

Looks cool though :)

WP_000932_zpsae720046.jpg

WP_000928_zps04a2451a.jpg

For my next trick, I will be adding 100bhp and pulling the dash out to sort a range of wiring gremlins, which I imagine will be of more interest to most, than my usual cosmetic changes :P

As you can see I've been using the finest Cornish country lane mud to keep the paint in tip top condition :)

Edited by Jolfa

Picking up le zimzimmar at 830 e36 323 saloon in hellrot red.

Half leather with 'rare' style possibly!

100% standard, undrifted(I guess)!!!!

Booked in for an mot let's see how that goes.

Won't be modified until the 24th!

I've been looking at e36 323i convertibles recently too after Jardo put the 328i idea in my head :P

Eurgh come to it today, it was tapping its tits off, but 2 year stagment oil, not surprised!! Got it about 100 metres and noticed the temp gauge was past half way, thought I'd see hot far it would go before the light came on, turns out it wasn't far!

Popped the bonnet an. The sending water feed was red hot, but the return was still cold. Took it back to the guy I borough it from, turns out it was an air trap in the rad, going to pick it up tomorrow now!

Body work wise now I had a proper chance to look isn't wonderful, but there Isn't any dents! Just paint is rough. Colour correction Sunday!

What other problems may I run into with a car That's been standing 2 years?

So guys, I guess mostly Jardo, who in the west country would be up for some paint fixing on my new car when I get it next month?

It's supposed to be shiny black, but is apparently partially black, mostly grey. I don't think it'll take much work, it's just not been looked after that much externally.