The Car Thread

MadManMike

I really like him.

He talks about things which as the type of petrol head I am are very easy to relate to.

He drives a hugely diverse range of vehicles.

He puts things across in easy to understand and literate sentences. Rather than the ramblings you get from most motoring commentators.

I think he is great, and I really enjoy his presenting style.

I know people on here use Iron X for their wheels, does this get rid of little specs of tar, and can you use it on bodywork? Or am I better off getting a tar remover of some sort?

It doesn't remove tar but is safe and very useful on paintwork. Makes claying a million times easier.

I know i just waft in here from time to time with no input at all but someone might be interested in some of the cars i buy, heres my latest addition for the drive down south i will be taking on over the next few months..

645ci with all the toys

1032_zpsf91a8eee.jpg

Edited by i like cunning stunts
  • Like 1

I don't think I have ever seen a vehicle which I have wanted to purchase more than this one.

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-cars-sale-private-sales/203198-1986-volvo-360-2-3-turbo-converted-11-months-mot-lots-spec-glasgow-2000-a.html

If I had a justifiable £2000 in my bank, I would currently be on my way to Glasgow to put my name on that mother f**kers log book.

Oh yes. That's quality dude, I'd have that any day of the week. Just imagine the look on some young tossers face when you roll up and smoke his biscuit tin boy racer car in that. He'd be sick :)

Correct.

Back in the day I was a reach into my pocket away from buying an absolutely immaculate Volvo 340 with a very well built F7P engine, light strip and Subaru buckets, side exit exhaust, Weller steels and a large hit with the lowering stick off Andy Ponting.

Drove all the way to his place, went for a hoon and totally fell in love with it. Then on the way home it stalled where he had fitted a bike brake cable as a make shift throttle cable.

Being young and stupid I refused to buy the car and lost faith in it, even though AP agreed to fit a proper cable.

Rgretted it ever since :( I only drove it maybe half a hour or so, but it was one of the most engaging and entertaining cars I have ever driven.

Edited by Pashley26

Super gay post

Back in the day Lous baby A3 wanted to be like Prawns so badly, it looked up to it.

Before Prawn decided to build a track car I made numerous offers to buy his car whilst it was unused and neglected for months. In the end he wouldn't sell it to me. So I set about building a Team Prawn Racing replica.

Four years ago Prawn used to give me his car for the day once a week and I would give him whatever shed I was driving and clean the **** out of his A3. After I was done I would take it up to Farley Mount and take pictures to show him what I had done. It was quite cool.

When I went home last month I took my car up to Farley, to the spot where I used to take Prawns car after I had drooled over it. I took some pictures, for old time sake.

:)

DSC_0992_zpsa34d5262.jpg

DSC_0969_zps9eddae4f.jpg

DSC_0989_zps6d90f29e.jpg

DSC_0975_zps99672254.jpg

DSC_0986_zpse2e5eef2.jpg

And the big brother.

a3farley024-2.jpg

a3farley046.jpg

a3farley047.jpg

a3farley025.jpg

a3farley013.jpg

Cool huh.

• Like 1

I don't think I have ever seen a vehicle which I have wanted to purchase more than this one.

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-cars-sale-private-sales/203198-1986-volvo-360-2-3-turbo-converted-11-months-mot-lots-spec-glasgow-2000-a.html

If I had a justifiable £2000 in my bank, I would currently be on my way to Glasgow to put my name on that mother f**kers log book.

You'd pay £2000 for that?! How drunk are you?

I kinda love that car too, looks like a complete banger. That tartan rug on the back seat is probably the best 'modification' to the car!

I kinda love that car too, looks like a complete banger. That tartan rug on the back seat is probably the best 'modification' to the car!

I'm all for the banger/street sleeper look. I get it in my mondeo all the time. Young lad in boy racer car thinks he can have a go, but mine is so stupidly quick from 50-100 they don't stand a chance. Think I got a Friday afternoon special from the ford factory, because a mate of mine has the exact same car and its nowhere near as quick as mine.

Sleepers are a whole lot of fun.

Just got home from a weekend away camping, and I've got sooo much want for an estate right now. I'm really quite tempted to sell the Scirocco for one but I know I'd regret it later down the line. hm...