The Car Thread

MadManMike

So you make up the 98% of retarded shit posts then?

As much as you would like to believe it, no.

People post shitty retarded topics > I say they are retarded > People continue to try and justify their posts > I say they are retarded and blow their minds with the biggest post in the world that NOBODY understands > People call me retarded.

Then rinse and repeat. Seat owners are a special breed...

You know how you guys argue with me not becaus I am wrong, but because of the way that I tell other people they are wrong and I am right. Well these guys are not at that stage yet and do not have the ability to know if I am right or wrong, they just seem to enjoy posting retarded shit. Like they aren't even capable of googling which spark plugs to put in their LCR's.

Edited by Pashley26

Give us an example, link us to a post where you have replied to a "shitty retarded topic".

It's a closed facebook group, might post a print screen later.

The other day a guy who knows NOTHING about his Leon and simply cannot afford to drive it posts a RUINED photo of a Polo that has been rst looked. I said "Personally I don't like it, I think forced rat look is gimp. I prefer cars to have an aged look rather than stickers and sanded down panels."

His reply was something like "Personal choice, 100's of other people liked it."

Which was fair enough, so I didn't reply and just liked his comment. An hour later he comments "Why are you even on here, f**k off to a shitty French forum. It's got nothing to do with you." (but not as well written)

To which I just replied "I can be part of whatever forum I want, given the amount of retarded questions you ask per day I would be glad people like me are on here. Fair enough, you said everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I expressed mine and now you have got the hump about it. I suggest you don't post pictures of your car if you don't want to hearopinions."

Then he just started going off on one and being a twat, so I just ignored him. The he deleted the photo bcause he realised he was being a tool.

They are just idiots, they get so arsey about anything negative but then spend the rest of their time on their high horse about moral high grounds and all this "chiillll out man I build my cars for me" rubbish.

Edited by Pashley26

Lol, the free car health check came back with a list of stuff I should look at.

The key ones are, the rear brake pipes are pretty corroded, according to the lass it's quite serious.

The track rods need replacing.

The coolant is low.

The brake compensator is seized. Now, I went under the car to check things out just now and found it and it seems to work, the lever on it moves about so whether or not it's the inside that doesn't move or they're trying to get money out of me remains to be seen.

Oh yeah, and my cowboy job of fitting the exhaust was noticed. I sort of need a helicoil on that.

They noticed the O2 sensor was disconnected, but I looked now and what I believe to be the O2 sensor - it's on the front section after the cat but before the first silencer - is connected. Probably the guy plugged it back in for me so I'll check to see if the engine management light will go away tomorrow.

;)

You know on fbook chat the other day you were saying about your bad mpg? That'll be why, (the disconnected lambda sensor).

I'm not sure it's had a huge effect. Anyway I'll unhook the battery before I go to bed and see if the light f**ks off tomorrow.

You lot on here are a lot more responsive than astraownersclub. I asked about the 02 sensor light, no-one replied. Even a 'check if you've unplugged it' would've been handy.

Right, I'm flogging the 106. I know, had it a month lol...

Basically they're c**ts to drive, sluggish and just in general it's too old and basic for me - would be great if I was 17 I guess.

So, I have up to £2,500 to spend. Looking for smaller cars, up to Leon kinda size, would prefer a diesel that goes for a billion miles per tank but I won't be too fussy. Please bear in mind that my 1.1 106 costs a bomb to insure so nothing stupid please!

People post shitty retarded topics > I say they are retarded > People continue to try and justify their posts > I say they are retarded and blow their minds with the biggest post in the world that NOBODY understands > People call me retarded.

Now I know I'm one to talk since I rile people up doing very similar things on other forums (though a lot of people agree with me) but have you ever wondered if it's you rather than the rest of the world that's in the wrong? :P

The biggest post in the world stage of your timeline is usually a case of baffling people with bullshit rather than blinding them with science, you tend to win arguments because people just can't be arsed humouring you :lol:

Literally though, I never argue with anything that I am wrong about. The ONLY time I get into arguments with people is when I am right, and they are wrong.

If I'm wrong or don't know I either have an educated guess and await being corrected, don't say anything or just text Prawn.

STFU arguing and answer my damn question :P

Get something crap, and old, and German, and diesel, run it on cooking oil, never worry about fuel bills again, and spend your £2000 change on drugs and hookers :)

I heard Yaris's (Yarisi?) have fairly cheap insurance, because only old people tend to buy them. My Aunty has had one for 4-5 years, and another for 10 before that. They're slow and boring, but reliable and I believe they're decent on fuel.

Hardly, and it doesn't really matter when fuel costs <£1/litre :P

Hardly! I dunno how old you are, but when I started driving fuel was at 76p a litre. Still mattered at the time.

Point is Mike: f**k economy, buy a car you like for the money you can afford, and afford to insure. You'll put fuel in it when you need to, and more when you want to, whatever it costs.

It's like smoking, when I started I could get a 20 deck for far less than I buy 10 for now, but I do it because I 'need' to - and I would whether I was minimum wage or on mega bucks. If your morally against fuel prices enough to run an eco car, just don't buy a car (in my opinion), get a bike or the train. If you choose to run a car, run one that makes you smile every time you get in it, regardless of cost - the smile will be worth it.

Hardly! I dunno how old you are, but when I started driving fuel was at 76p a litre. Still mattered at the time.

69.9p when I started :P

38mpg isn't great out of a 1.9 Golf, but when the fuel is costing me 82p/litre and I filter as much as I can from work too, it works out mighty cheap! I'm confident a Merc/something with a turbo of similar vintage would return better MPG than that... And leave you £2000 change to spend on drugs and hookers... Or a fun car aswell as :P

I will of course be spending a small fortune on super unleaded for the quattro when it's on the road :lol:

So far I'm looking at A3, Fabia or Golf 1.9 TDI - around 01 to 03 plate seems in my budget.

I reckon the Fabia might be best on insurance, but that's just a guess until I actually do some quotes.

My A3 is still in the garage waiting to sell, £900 takes it. Fair bit older and cheaper than your budget, but it's also got a couple of scratches on it so you won't care as much when you inevitably have your first little shunt!

Photos in an album on my Facebook if youre interested...