The Car Thread

MadManMike

TB - Passat is bigger than I'd like to be honest, the Leon is pretty much the biggest car I want at the mo.

To whoever mentioned insurance prices, yeah a 1.4 16v would cost me more than the 1.9 TDi - no idea why, but I'd rather have the diesel anyway.

Leon is my first choice at the moment as it looks much nicer, but I'm looking out for either of them. Found a Leon in London for £1,600 which seems alright, gonna hopefully pop up there this weekend. They all seem to have about 100-120k miles but I gather that's not much for a TDi.

Just had the car remapped. In such a state of euphoria right now. Might aswell post the post here.

Right! Biggest update from me I'd say.

Today me and my mate Matty went over to RS Tuning to see about getting my car remapped.

The car was initially ran on the rolling road and ran a solid 118 bhp, the 3rd run saw 121bhp! From a standard 114bhp engine.

It's the torque that amazed me, they are 184 ft/lb standard whereas mine ran 220 ft/lb standard. 44 up from standard :o

I'm guessing it's the decat and removal of the silencers that's given such a gain.

Initial run.

7361724398_e471e2fef3_b.jpg

7176498861_5a01f6bba9_b.jpg

The car on the rollers.

7176497803_9c4f99ba8b_b.jpg

7361721756_e919f0ccb5_b.jpg

7361720764_f40361bb72_b.jpg

Took a picture of matty and it turned out actually pretty scary haha look at his eyebrows !

7361718898_18299a51f7_b.jpg

One of me pulling also a weird face haha

7361717936_993e86c094_b.jpg

We then went to go get something to eat and found the sexy sex shop !

7361713362_a4572c10a7_b.jpg

Just another pic from the behind. realised the exhaust is a little too sticky out for me :( Want it further in sobbbb

7176492251_d5b7ce9b25_b.jpg

7176491379_b3ef16aec9_b.jpg

The car was then put the map on, up to 136bhp and 139 ft/lb of torque. Not bad but was told there would be more of a gain after a few tweaks.

7361715278_fecfe3f59d_b.jpg

After the tweak this was achieved.

7361712450_ac6748333d_b.jpg

And printed out sheets.

7361710724_80a40aa21d_b.jpg

7176485365_e60924943e_b.jpg

142.2bhp and 247 ft/lb torque. Not mind blowing figures but excellent gains for this engine.

I was then taken out for a spin in it, me in the passenger seat which felt very strange indeed even just sitting there. Taken around the area for 2 mins and it felt incredible. So smooth yet hard pulling and very fast!

The drive home was excellent. Before when accelerating there was a major flat spot (you can see in the before/standard run) where the car just took ages for it to kick in and go but now it just pulls almost instantly when i put my foot down. It just feels like it wants to free rev like a petrol.

Before when going up a hill the car would feel as if it was labouring and i'd have to change gear, on the same hill it just sailed up it today and had so much more to give.

Wanting to go out and drive it now but wallet says no ha.

Nearly forgot the sound, it sounds epic now haha got a clip of it. Did an acceleration video but I barely got any traction so didn't seem that fast. Sorry for the giggly laugh, just excited HA.

So happy with it, although I did half expect more torque, perhaps 20 ft/lb more as i've been told on a forum another TDCi 1.8 got 263ft/lb but i'm pretty happy with 247 ft.

Should hopefully see an improvement on fuel once Im on a long run. Going down to Essex in a few weeks and will be taking it steady so will see then.

x

Sorry and I hate to sound a fanny but...

RSTuning's dyno's are about 7% out. Very popular in the Clio forums for their happy rollers, everybody leaves with a super healthy engine and a great figure.

Even with that in mind it is a solid improvement, good work! Did you die a bit inside when it was opened up lol?

Edited by Pashley26

Ive heard that they are quite a "harsh" RR in which it under reads more than others.

But forum hearsay makes the inside of my dick itch anyway lol.

Meh figures aside its completely transformed! I had sweaty palms when he brought it back in. Feels like the metro pull but just much lower down which I likey

So I got myself a corsa vxr ( chavtastic ;) ) and got the Remus 3 piece exhaust system on it next thing on the list is to either decat or get a sports cat to go straight to stage 2 any 1 know the pros and cons of either other than decat wouldn't be road legal.

But he just masked off some shaped and splatted paint, you can do that with any paintbrush...

I've seen him do another cover exactly the same, and he used an airbrush... Anyway, its cost me f**k all, and looks better than any job I could of done - Even if it had been splattered on, i'd be happy!

To the person that asked about fake split bolts. They are usually plastic screw heads, that are usually "popped" in, sometimes with a bit of added glue. I was always tempted to take them all out and weld/fill over the holes, but was far too much effort for fake splits. Good for refurbs though, and you can actually now buy colour fake screws and shit.

562845_10150678616184342_1062563016_n.jpg

533920_268097369951689_1054440279_n.jpg

Still for sale, 2500. Trying my hardest to source a decent front bumper too, and spec has changed since these pictures to reduce the price.

Holla!

Are they any good? Was considering them for the E38 but then got B12's instead in fear that FK's would be too hard.

More of an angry thread post but since there isn't one... The M3 build has caused the first nervous breakdown in my life if that's the correct term. Having seen absolutely no progress yet again I completely lost it today and got fled with rage the likes of which I've never experienced in my life and didn't even imagine could be possible. For the whole day the only thought in my mind is to find the owner of the garage and beat him until he looses conciousness. I'm not even an agressive person, I'd never hurt another human being but I can't help it. Went by his house an hour ago to sort this out and he wasn't there. Not answering my calls. This is going to end very badly, I've lost all capacity for rational thought and I've been shaking with anger for 10 hours now. What the f**k is going on.

More of an angry thread post but since there isn't one... The M3 build has caused the first nervous breakdown in my life if that's the correct term. Having seen absolutely no progress yet again I completely lost it today and got fled with rage the likes of which I've never experienced in my life and didn't even imagine could be possible. For the whole day the only thought in my mind is to find the owner of the garage and beat him until he looses conciousness. I'm not even an agressive person, I'd never hurt another human being but I can't help it. Went by his house an hour ago to sort this out and he wasn't there. Not answering my calls. This is going to end very badly, I've lost all capacity for rational thought and I've been shaking with anger for 10 hours now. What the f**k is going on.

You could just make a new thread for this "Ever been so angry?" or something :P

I've been angry to that point twice in my life, I know exactly what you mean. Both of my 'episodes' came from being kept awake by housemates. One time my mate bought another mate back to our flatshare about 2am (I hadn't really managed to fall asleep but was desperately trying to as I had to be up soon). So they came home and talked to each other pretty much outside my room. After about 10 minutes of this I got up (feeling pretty pissed off already as this was a fairly regular thing to happen for the past 2 or 3 years) and asked if they could go into a different room or try and keep it down (as nice as I possibly could at the time), II went back to bed and as they walked back past my door the mates mate said 'wanker' or something. Couldn't sleep after that, just got more and more angry at the fact some little shit I didn't know was in my flat calling me a wanker and knowing he was fast asleep in the flat while I was soooo terrible pissed off and awake, come 7am I flipped and needless to say he made a hasty exit. Then I had to go to work for a second day with zero sleep. Took me a looooooong time to calm down.

I'd say I'm normally pretty calm, and I dunno what advice to give you really as when you're that angry there's not much anyone can do... :/

I get that wayyyy too often. Best thing you can do IMO is learn to use it. He'll soon get your car to the front of the queue if he fears for his life. :P

You could just make a new thread for this "Ever been so angry?" or something :P

Don't like letting steam off in separate threads, get too much attention. Far prefer to just post a rant, get it off my chest and have nobody or a few people read it.

I know what you mean about being woken up, it drives me mad too. On the few occasions that I fell out with my mates this was always the cause. Them making a noise or just chatting really loud in the same room at 2-3am with no consideration for the fact that someone wants to get some sleep.

I get that wayyyy too often.

Not good? :P I'm hating this feeling right now, it feels like a hangover. Or like being high but it's not pleasant.

One of the workers left me a message on facebook saying that he understands my reaction but that he must follow orders and if they are told to work on a different car, they cannot work on mine. He says he's been working on the M3 on and off in his free time trying to get things done. I'm going to get the car ready for the 26th no matter what, just hope things won't get too emotional in the process.