The Car Thread

MadManMike

http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201303275976591/

As soon as I saw it I knew I didn't want it. Wrecked front splitter, rear bumper needed a re-spray, the carpets were wet (although I couldn't tell if they had recently been cleaned or if it was the door seals), there was some after market alarm that made unlocking anything but the drivers door a pain, a few other scratches and marks around the paint work, all the badges were worn and the interior had seen better days. Even if I had got it for £3k I wouldn't have been happy with it!

Well after a couple of hours, I successfully replaced the snapped ball joint for a new one. Did it all at home too without a press. Stupidly easy for some reason, the hub came off piece of piss, maybe because it was off 5 months ago for the bottom ball joint to be changed.

But all is well now.

Just taxed the beast... £66 for 6 months :)

Also, seen these on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-LEON-MK1-1999-2005-TINTED-SMOKED-BLACK-MIRROR-REAR-LIGHTS-SET-/251231861563?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D6592398157879042688%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D251231861563%26

How easy would it be to do that myself?

As my car is dark, I'd quite like to make mine darker tinted without looking awful.

Tinting just the clear part can look good sometimes, however Leons don't exactly have minging rear lights as as standard anyway so I wouldn't bother.

It could be the last day the Saab runs tomorrow, glow plugs are being changed and there is a chance they will snap. I'm not spending anymore money on it to get it back to working order so it'll be new car time and au revoir to the Saab

I skim read that and thought you said it'd be 'a reservoir for the saab' which didn't seem like a very responsible or cost effective way of disposing of the car :P

I'd agree that the lights would look a little gash, as said, Leon lights look fine. All red can look good on some cars, but I actually like the standard lights on Leons, they're far from ugly as they are. A very light tint just on the clear bit could look alright though. I'm tempted to do the Sciroccos lights all red when I get around to replacing them (reversing light lens is broken on one of them).

Mine are done as Robin suggested. I found the standard lights to be a bit "bright" when they weren't tinted. They almost looked white instead of silver, looked odd on a darkish coloured car:

562907_10151095242858955_40952956_n.jpg

I would highly reccomend getting chrome indicator bulbs too if you can. Stops the orange colour bleeding out into the indicator as making the whole lense look orange.