The Car Thread

MadManMike

Car looks great George!

Thanks! It's certainly getting there. Just debating on getting my wheels refurbed a darker grey or not. Can't work out if I like the contrast of the bright silver, or a more stealthy look.

Nearly chopped it in for a 2.5L turbo R33 Skyline on Friday...until I realised it wouldn't fit in my garage :(

I wouldn't touch it outside personally, you have made an already good looking car just that little bit better, anymore and it'll start to look chavtastic. Concentrate on what's going on underneath/make the interior less gormless :P

3 glow plugs went in successfully (ish) in the Saab, 1 old plug had a rather flat looking thread which concerns me but the new plug went in fine so fingers crossed it stays put... annoyingly the 4th plugs nut just spins suggesting somebody has attempted to replace it but failed, but its still threaded in so it'll just have to stay, I feel fortunate enough to get 3 working ones in! Now to wait until tomorrow when the cars completely cold and see if the old girl starts nicely. Oh and I need to find out whats going on with that noisy belt/pulley...oh the joys of owning this car

R33 would be beast.

I dream of owning a 500bhp+ R32 GTR.

www.prayfrjapan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/0808_sccp_03_z+r32_nissan_skyline_gt-r+left_rear_angle.jpg

There is a grey one in Plymouth that haunts me, I tried to race him once at motorway speeds and he utterly ruined me. The difference in pace of a tuned 6 cylinder at higher speeds is unexplainable give the similar torque and power to weight, I see it about all the time and we always have a play. I've had him a couple of times at lower speeds, but only when he's let me and it's been dry. I saw him at a meet once, he took me out in it and the 6 cylinder growl is so addictive.

Do it Seamons...Doooo it....

Edited by Pashley26

Its faster from a start or above 90mph.

Not sure on the gearing, but his R32 is 290bhp so the power to weight is equal.

I know which I'd rather have :(

Seamons Leon will be MUCH quicker than an R33 unless it has many many mods.

Edited by Pashley26

Righteo not sure on if i am going to that meet tomorrow because the agency i work for are tossers and are not paying me for my accrewed holiday from my previous contract there.
Anyhoo BBS RXII's for sale 150 o.n.o 15 4x100 needs new tires.
post-24017-0-01922800-1364665825_thumb.j
post-24017-0-22249900-1364665827_thumb.j
post-24017-0-27678000-1364665829_thumb.j
post-24017-0-07308200-1364665831_thumb.j

Think im parked next to Tom Booth at Newark TK Maxx retail park thingy....07 plate passat estate, 3DSM's?

You were. Black cc? Looked good man. Shame my car was such a mess :lol:

Saw some trials riders in Lincoln today, you all walked passed while me and the missus were sat eating a jacket potato outside the waterfront.

OK, I'm definitely sold on the Cupra! Just need to find one now!...

Wise choice sir.

As far as a ballpark goes, this is relatively tidy. Need to be an e38 member (2 min sign up and a post to view classifieds) but handy for keeping an eye out (Y)

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/174368-the-car-thread/page-277#entry2503349

Wise choice sir.

As far as a ballpark goes, this is relatively tidy. Need to be an e38 member (2 min sign up and a post to view classifieds) but handy for keeping an eye out (Y)

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/174368-the-car-thread/page-277#entry2503349

Thanks for the link. I signed up but can't view the classifieds...think I need X number of posts? What colour is it? (I think black looks best).

Dave

I just saw this car and nearly made a mess in my pants. It is so much nicer for £4k than the heap of shit me and Prawn viewed yesterday!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-leon-cupra-R-2004-platinum-grey-/171016491027

This car is also an example of refurbed wheels that are darker for George to look at, I personally think the standard colour wheels look nicer.

• Like 1

Wheels are now sold and i won the other wheels so ill share <3

attachicon.gifpepperpots.JPG

£25 BARGAIN!!!

Just need to get them some stretched rubber and a like o polish and paint.

Nice wheels. Going 5 stud then? I was always tempted to convert my Passat for the extra wheel choice. They look a bit narrow for stretch though, surely they'll go in the arches without it? I always think it looks silly unless it's actually needed, just makes the car look under-wheeled, plus surely you'd have to run narrower than standard tyres to stretch on there?

Tic, that LCR looks great, definitely prefer the wheels lighter on a grey car though. A mate had a red LCR with wheels about that colour which looked really good, but on the grey car they look a bit odd.

Edited by RobinJI