The Car Thread

MadManMike

EP has failed it's MOT on an almighty 9 things.

Suspension bushes, low discs and pads two tires, emissions, hole in the exhaust, airbag inoperable and SRS light on, headlights have broken adjusters.

Sooooooooold.

Thats probably why it got traded in :w00t:

• Like 1

Tax is almost up on the Capri, thinking it could be time to put Bernard back into service - discuss.

(also, my mum's getting well pissed off with having my two on the drive when i'm not even there and is trying to make me sell one but she can get f**ked, anyone know of any storage going round essex/ sussex or anywhere in between? Long shot I know...)

That's a good attitude you've got there.

Quoting out of context ever so slightly there? Here's the real quote. Reads completely differently.

(also, my mum's getting well pissed off with having my two on the drive when i'm not even there and is trying to make me sell one but she can get f**ked, anyone know of any storage going round essex/ sussex or anywhere in between? Long shot I know...)

My tongue's pretty firmly in my cheek, there...

The main problem is that either she or my sister has to park their cars on the road (down our incredibly quiet street, maybe 10 cars go past a day), both get used daily so are very rarely parked up anyway. Bit frustrating to get an ear full every time the subject comes up, but there really is no-where else to put them. Annoying!

Went on a racing sim today, great fun. Had to turn the movement of the car off though, because it made me feel proper sick - mainly due to the slight delay, it didn't feel real.

Because of that, the rest of the guys turned theirs off too then I lapped them all in a half hour race. Very fun!

Today was a good day to change company cars.

1795552_1472007666347743_1603982955_n.jp

I have had a diesel 500L trekking and not paying for it for the last few months. Since getting the A3 I haven't needed it.

Last week I was offered the MX5 as the lad who works for Mazda is moving to Hyundai.

Seeing as I live less than a mile from work, it makes sense for me to have the most uneconomical car we sell.

So the A3 is up for sale (after the stroke of luck/profit of the Honda) cheapest S-Line in the coubtry, £5250.

I ended up having a look at their website after you posted it up on Facebook earlier - did they actually have a 15min safety briefing?!

They most certainly did! Although it wasn't mainly safety to be honest, it was more about the system as a whole. Very cool place though :)

After a quick wash with a gritty sponge.

1017570_10153936827975424_923570210_n.jp

1794773_10153936826430424_51084442_n.jpg

Added the switches for the new lamps.

1922486_10153936825410424_1955628883_n.j

Desperately need to get my spacers on. Just awaiting the delivery of a bolt kit. 22mm at the rear and 19mm at the front. Should look reasonable after that.

Edited by Boumsong
  • Like 1

f**king hell, I haven't wanted a car this bad for years. It's quite possibly the rarest color combo for this car, my personal favourite BMW colour and the same as my M3 which would look super cool when towed on a trailer by this thing.

http://allegro.pl/unikat-728i-imola-red-m-pakiet-shadow-line-i4035193519.html

Completely blown away.

edit: Buying it if it's still for sale on Monday. As of now it's available.

Edited by Greetings
  • Like 1

I know that for some people like Jardo buying cars is a no brainer but I'm likely to drive whatever I get next for another 4-5 years. I've covered over 100k miles in my current E38.

Not so long ago I was considering getting a 5.4 V12 E38 after I use up the current one and this is a measly 6 cylinder 2.8. I know they're very good engines and not too slow, but the 4.0 V8 in my current car seems a bit sluggish at times, so not convinced the 2.8 will suit me. The only benefit of this engine is that it's pretty bombproof, as is the gearbox.

Really difficult choice. I might go and look at this car tomorrow, it's 4 hours away.