The Car Thread

MadManMike

It was indeed the front rears, cheers for that.

Just ordered them :)

Scraping together pennies to have those, my aux belt and a water pump and cam belt kit fitted now... After that, the car *should* be good for a while I hope. It's already had a new turbo, full service, brake pads, new glove box and sun visors. Not bad considering I've owned it for a month!

Fitted the induction kit today. Opted not to remove the x-brace (bad move) and snapped a new tool so ended up having to bodge a socket extension using mole grips and a closed spanner. Gotta say though the roar is so worth it! Throttle feels a bit lighter too.

Next week Its cambelt+idlers+tentioners, dizzy+rotor+leads and new pads all round. Once that's done it's exhaust time then general tidying up. Going to buy a machine polisher to bring the paint back to life too

Got a few hunderd miles on the AP brakes now, and we're absolutely LOVING them. they're just fantastic, and soon to be even better ;)

Today we had our Pirelli wets fitted to my old TT rims (that Jamie managed to ruin :( )

These are Pirelli WH 245-620 race wets.

EE28597D-7E56-457E-BEA2-F6453D1AF4DF_zps

B5FF887B-F660-49E2-B1F7-9D94E87C1383_zps

21F3B51F-622B-497E-A4C3-2F96051C5260_zps

They really are rather stupidly good! Never known wet grip like it, it's just insane!

Bring on the wet trackdays, we're ready!

3 of them are like it mate. Not overly pleased about it at all, but what can I do?

Sadly, your pretty wheels were feck all use to me and would never have cleared the brakes, so I NEEDED these back.

Sad times I know. nothing a ghetto refurb can't sort, but still a shame, as they were mint when you let it go.

• Like 1

Function > aesthetics. You're gonna love the tyres Nick!

Exactly Adam :) I was going to refurb them before fitting the wets, but we've got a trackday in 2 weeks, and we NEED these to be on rims incase it's a wet one.

I may have done a little testing already in the wet, and I can safely say, the traction in the rain is just nuts, never expected it to be this good!

Finally got AST coilovers on the rear. I've only had a short drive on these but they feel really odd. I'm pretty sure judging by how the engine sounds that the rear end of the car is bouncing around. Presumably if the springs are too stiff, there's not much one can do with damping, right?

2iNmcOV.jpg

Cheers. Haven't had the chance to play around with it too much, found it to be at it's hardest setting so reduced it to 3/8 but it still felt odd. I guess that with 8 settings it's not going to take too much time to belt down the same bumpy road 8 times with a different damping setup each time.

However, I'm guessing that if the spring rates are indeed too hard, it could be impossible to set the damping up so the car doesn't jump around?

And on another note, why do so few people consider the background of a photo? Argos, and SCS offering free carpet doesn't really lend itself to showing off a car.

Some of the best cars I have ever seen were at No Rice.

On a retail park with Halfords, DFS, Wicks, B&Q and Halfords in the background.

I quite like seeing pictures taken in retail parks, it lets me feel like I am "there" because it is an enviroment I am used to being in when looking at cars.

I like seeing photos of cars in real world places rather than perfect white studios, but McDonalds is not one of them... Put a bit of effort in, make it look pretty! Even retail parks have nicer angles to shoot from!

• Like 1