The Car Thread

MadManMike

Convinced a guy at the gym to get a 182 as he's looking for a fast ish hot hatch. Took him out in mine and he's hooked! He's genuinely looking at them now and we're going to look at one to check it over to or him to buy. Love stuff like that.

Any car audio buffs here?

As you may recall, I replaced all my speakers (Two in the door, four in the headrests) as the standard ones are shockingly bad (And now very old and worn out).

In terms of sound quality, they're much better, but they're quite tinny and lacking in punch. I've been told that this is due to the head unit not putting out enough power to properly drive the speakers.

This makes sense, so rather than buying a sub I think I'll just get a little amp to boost what I already have.

Can anyone suggest a half decent but not too expensive amp?

I'd rather buy on recommendation than get sold some tat in Halfrauds.

Also, is the theory above correct?

If I buy an amp I'll be re-wiring the whole thing too.

Couldn't decide whether to put this in angry thread or here, so I chose here....

Was meant to be going to look at a car tonight - booked train tickets and everything. I got a text last night pretty late (11pm) saying the car has sold, sorry. Dammit!

Arse.

Rule of buying a 2nd hand car - if it looks good, and you want it, you go to see it THAT DAY.

NEVER leave it until the next day if the seller is available that night. The good ones always go fast.

Yeah the problem with that is was in Coventry.

Oh well back to the search!

Same with mine, drove over to Wales the day it was advertised and he already had two people waiting to buy it the next day!

In hindsight there are cleaner examples available for what I paid, but I didn't know much about them back then. I guess being 20+ years old they're all gonna be a little rusty in places.

I've just collected the team dynamics from the powder coaters :D

f**k me in a barrel and call me Steve I'm impressed with the finish for £90 all in. Really happy with the colour too. They even refurbed them too as they were scuffed before.

IMAG0269_zpsexhvetua.jpg

IMAG0268_zpse1uedi9l.jpg

IMAG0267_zpsatl9lkux.jpg

IMAG0266_zps4gzdsufi.jpg

IMAG0265_zps5tz2s7pg.jpg

• Like 1

Bloody hell Dan, £90 for all 4? that's bonkers! Where from?

Mike: audio is for night clubs, not cars :lol: try elsewhere. haha.

(sorry)

I did think I might be asking in the wrong place...

Most people have said "buy a better exhaust", but that's not a nice noise when you're sat in traffic :)

Dan - wheels look epic, £90 is ridiculous! If I could have got my BBS done for that price I definitely wouldn't have done a home spray job!

• Like 1

Mike, an amp will help loads as well decent wiring to go with it, if you go that route add wiring for a sub just in case. A decent headunit such as the older Alpines with the 60W per channel may suffice and be cheaper/easier for you. I run a computer subwoofer (Creative) in the Porsche with stock speakers from1983 and a cheap Pioneer headunit, it sounds very good and cost naff all!

On another topic I can't drive for 2 weeks after dislocating my shoulder, FML.

Dude! How'd you manage that?!

Little DH section near myhouse, I only got halfway before jumping into a berm awkwardly, sliding out and dislocating my shoulder and breaking my helmet (not my penis one fortunately).

2015-06-15%2022.06.39_zpsdgtvrgua.jpg

2015-06-15%2022.06.46_zpsqvnnzjun.jpg

That hurt somewhat, nearly as much as my back operation did :P

I'm not a million miles away, but I'm pretty snowed under with work most evenings for the next week or so unfortunately. If nobody else in the area is able to help drop me a message and I'll see what I can do (Y)

Cheers! Very kind of you

On another topic I can't drive for 2 weeks after dislocating my shoulder, FML.

Have you dislocated your shoulder before?

I've done it 3 times, ended up having sugery because i destroyed the tendons, and it just kept poping out.

I'd suggest to take it easy and really go through the physiotherapy.