The Car Thread

MadManMike

You like them then :P

I think they're 231bhp though.

From what I gather they're only 6 speed from 03 onwards also, 5 speed before that. Ideally I'm after a 6 speed but if a nice earlier one comes up I won't complain.

I just think I may miss having a turbo, and the ability to give it a remap (and notice a difference).

Nearly a year on and I'm not missing a turbo mate. That instant power is way more exciting.

Sad to see my old 90q up for breaking :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-coupe-quattro-80-90-braking-for-spares-/181765275292?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a520dfe9c

I'd have that back in a heartbeat if I was there!

I emailed the seller saying it was a shame etc and he messaged me back an essay telling me what an asshole I am for ruining the car and keeping all the valuable bits (I have no idea what bits these might be?) which is funny given that the list of bits he's keeping has a value around double the amount he paid for the car, and is then breaking the car on top of that... Seems to think that the engine loom was a mish mash of electrical tape and he had to rebuild the engine, took him 6 months to get it running! (It was running but down on power, the engine was fine and the loom was removed whole from the donor and fitted professionally...)
Nice guy!

To be fair, our last trip to Curby does indicate that the Clio is pretty good.

Doesn't have a soft top or RWD though, therefore it fails :P

60bhp more for only ~2s on a minute lap, AND no soft top AND no popup lights AND French electrics AND FWD = loooosseeerrrr.

S3s are gayer though.

What harnesses are people recommending? Quite like the idea of the rotary one style you see on aeroplanes as the normal buckle style dont look too supportive.

Are harnesses really that much of a nightmare for normal driving or do you get used to it? Thought and links please?? :D

There are so many, this looks too cheap so i'm obviousluy gonna stay away http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-POINT-CAM-LOCK-RACING-SAFETY-SEAT-BELT-BLACK-STRAP-NYLON-HARNESS-Black-/291367814076?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43d6e003bc

Edited by dann2707

what kind of absolute, complete and utter arsećunt does that?

Absolute joker - he's been dragging me through the mud with it on Retro Rides as well, despite being nice and perfectly reasonable with me and even saying 'I won't make a big deal out of it, let's move on' - gave him his deposit back as i'm a nice guy, and he's switched into an arsehole of incomprehensible magnitude,

I've been with the car today, couldn't get a screwdriver through the inner wings, manages to jab a 2p hole in the inner sill with a lot of effort, the rear spring hangers he considered dangerous were clearly repaired a LONG time a go and are solid, he's an idiot. The car's only got 3 months test left and is advertised as being mechanically sound needing remedial work to the body, bit scruffy but cheap and quick at around £300 over the value of the running gear and interior.

Quote of the day when he came to view it -

'the head gaskets are leaking, this won't make the drive home'

He was pointing at a very small amount of dry old oil around the rocker covers... Bellend. I've got another guy coming to view the car monday who isn't an absolute dreamer, i'm going to go to town on him when it sells.

Been an interesting car week.

Got new tyres on my freshly powder coated rims. Love it! Anthracite for Road, Red for Track.

11535678_10153338332574431_7120046133251

10405509_10153338332734431_2803798756341

Made some badass hub caps!

11393113_10153338332634431_6236537554441

Hit 80k at 88 miles, nice.

11391271_10153338332454431_3728256051737

Went to leave work today, got my keys out of my bag to find this...Ffs. Tried the key with plyers, turns out there must be a current running through the key from the fob for the immobiliser. Got the f**ker home though! It's times like these I wish I had a spare!

11401210_10153338332804431_5051734974129

Next is the rear beam to go on and sort my tracking at the rear and hopefully a new key at the same time!

Cheers, Ash

Red for danger :P

That's a shitter about the key, guess the new one will need coding in?

I'm not sure,

Might take a risk and buy this LINK

Then it is a case of just swapping bits over. Hopefully as easily as I made that sound...

What do we reckon? worth it or take it to the dealer?

Been an interesting car week.

Got new tyres on my freshly powder coated rims. Love it! Anthracite for Road, Red for Track.

Made some badass hub caps!

Hit 80k at 88 miles, nice.

Went to leave work today, got my keys out of my bag to find this...Ffs. Tried the key with plyers, turns out there must be a current running through the key from the fob for the immobiliser. Got the f**ker home though! It's times like these I wish I had a spare!

11401210_10153338332804431_5051734974129

Next is the rear beam to go on and sort my tracking at the rear and hopefully a new key at the same time!

Cheers, Ash

if its anything like the golf's (the key looks exactly the same) theres a small immobiliser chip (looks like a pill) inside the keyfob.