The Car Thread

MadManMike

Shadowline'd/plastidipped my window trims on the car. I hate chrome.

Loving derv life though! Been averaging 47 around town, and it still doesn't get beaten by my friends Megane's/CTR's etc! Taking it to St Tropez with some friends in August to my friends villa. Gonna try to do it from Calais on one tank just because! Find me a car that does all this and is as comfy and well specced for sub £2k.

post-37828-0-71512800-1435000721_thumb.j

The actual highlights only last for the first 10mins, the second 10mins is the equivalent of winning a cup on MarioKart and having to go through a f**k-off long podium cut scene.

Things I learned from that post;

1. Those LMP-1 cars are insane

2. 4:25 - wat r u doin

3. The Corvettes sound unreal, did they go for 50s gasser zoomies when it came to exhaust choice?

4. that Mario comparison

Things I learned from that post;

1. Those LMP-1 cars are insane

2. 4:25 - wat r u doin

3. The Corvettes sound unreal, did they go for 50s gasser zoomies when it came to exhaust choice?

4. that Mario comparison

What impressed me about the LMP1 cars was how resilient they are. Those Audis got f**ked up but still managed to carry on and finish alright. I guess a lot of the 'damage' was largely going to be cosmetic (aside from the loss of downforce/increase in drag obviously) as the arches/pods are just big shells effectively, but still - those mechanics weren't f**king around.

In actual car news, found the other day that the inside shoulder of one of my tyres is down to the threads. Oops.

So it's finally time to take the plunge on some Eagle F1s and put my other wheels on. It's going to be interesting to see if they fit – it'll be a pretty colossal waste of £550 on tyres, and plenty of time refurbing them, if they don't... Booked in tomorrow morning, so you can all look forward to a good laugh in the afternoon :)

• Like 1