The Car Thread

MadManMike

It's a place in Bradford called cas coatings. They charge £1 per inch plus vat but this was a bit more due to the flakes.

I could get my cock sprayed for £4 :D

Keep an eye on them. I know 3 people who have had wheels crack done by them. Apparently they bake the old paint off rather than blast which does funny things to the alloy.

Although i had my mini wheels done there 3-4 years ago an no issues.

Sorry Prawn, but that 3 decal is all sorts of wrong. I can see why you've gone for vertical, but it'd look 10x better in line with the endplate – especially when you adjust the angle of the wing.

Such a small thing, but it's all I can look at in those pics!

• Like 1

Apologies :lol:

I twas only a temporary hand cut out thing for a Sprint a few weeks ago anyway.

Will remove it this evening for you :lol:

I quite like having some orange on the end plate though. It seems to break up the black a little. Need to find an appropriate orange sticker to replace it.

• Like 1

Modified policies, which companies did you guys have success with? Adrian Flux aren't coming up with a nice price :(

If the car is old enough then Green Light, Classicline or whatever classic insurers come up on Google.

Otherwise Confused often turn up a decent price now I'm old :)

Been on confused, not much luck. I'm with Adrian Flux on a classic policy but the changes I want to make means a classic policy won't cover me :(

Modifications:

Front seat change

Remove rear seats

Different wheels

Half cage

Exhaust

Coilovers

At a minimum I need the seats covered as they are already done along with wheels and coilovers

That sounds like utter shit Paul,

I'm with HIC, sister company of Flux, and my mini is insured on a classic for under £200 with all mods declared, 10x more stuff done than the Porsche has! Makes no sense!

I've gone off HIC / Flux big time though, fairly useless these days it seems.

Greenlight or Brentacre for me.

My focus is with Greenlight and the mini is with Flux. I'll be getting a quote from greenlight once the mini insurance is up. They are much better to talk to on the phone than flux too.

HIC (Flux) were pure shit when someone drove into my mini.

I've had good success with Brentacre.

Red Munter news:

Slicks are awesome.

Car is awesome.

Only got 2 clear laps all day without a passenger, which are in the video below. Both of the laps have mistakes but both are mid 1:45s. The fastest ever Mk1 race car lap I can find round Cadwell is 1:45.4, and will have been with a tow. I'll call that mission accomplished :D

• Like 5

Adam - what's the typical offset in lap time with a passenger?

In the last 5 years of trackdays, I think I've done about 2 sessions without a passenger, ever!

About 2 seconds at Cadwell for a light one, nudging 3 for a real sized one, but I'd guess about half that for your car given the weight / power :)

Haha, good stuff, truly communal track car then! The Munter will be always passengered up I think, apart from one session each day chasing a good lap...