The Photography Thread

mr ailsbury

Started at 10AM, stuck at it all day saturday, and got that shot at 17:30PM :P Worth it I think, got a few other decent ones too, but that one is by far and away the best one I reckon.

What! You were doing it for 7 hours? Bloody hell that's dedication dude.

What! You were doing it for 7 hours? Bloody hell that's dedication dude.

Yeah, I was aching like mad from sitting around for that long, but I was getting decent shots on a fairly regular basis, so I didn't get bored until about 4 o'clock, but then I got a bit more enthusiastic when the sun started to go down because I knew that I would be able to get the flash out and make some low-key images like that Robin one ;)

No flashes inside, Just at a height that lights the seats a little when at the right angle. Just about to start gettung busy with weddings so it was nice to get out and shoot something else.

Anyone interested in a Canon 5d mkii by the way. Boxed, manual, straps..all the usual stuff. Cleaned and serviced once a year by CPS. Was looking for around £875. Usual use marks but nothing major. If anyone is interested I can get pics.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How long was the exposer on the last three pics? When everi try to do that they normally just come out all white.

Took a trip out (hour and a half drive away) to Anglesey today, really happy with what I got, especially considering that the weather was absolutely abysmal, making for very tough shooting conditions.

How long was the exposer on the last three pics? When everi try to do that they normally just come out all white.

They ranged from 15 to 30 seconds I believe :) By all white do you mean the entire picture? If so you are going to need to buy some neutral density filters (an absolute necessity for that kind of shooting) as they will reduce the light being transmitted, allowing you to achieve the 'correct' exposure :)

Time to go shopping me thinks. Thank you :)

Yeah no problem :) I have a few of these http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=hitech+85+nd+filters&oq=hitech+85+nd+filters&gs_l=hp.3..0i30.5812.6031.1.6518.3.3.0.0.0.1.118.302.1j2.3.0...0.0...1c.1.9.psy-ab.RBNvwNgcVe4&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45512109,d.d2k&fp=113edad7663ad6c7&biw=1013&bih=979 and they work great :) The 7 stop one I have does have colour cast issues, however this is totally fixable if you shoot RAW and adjust the tint afterwards ;)