Getacme

1a2bcio8

Ben your endless search for perfection leads to some rather "disappointing" videos that most of us would be bloody damn chuffed with. Riding was awesome, some of those bunnyhops were huge and you made them look like curbs.... Edit was nice to say it was "thrown" together!

Ben your endless search for perfection leads to some rather "disappointing" videos that most of us would be bloody damn chuffed with. Riding was awesome, some of those bunnyhops were huge and you made them look like curbs.... Edit was nice to say it was "thrown" together!

I'm not trying to be a dick but I am disappointed because I have problems about getting people to film because I hate disturbing other people's rides and having the time to collect clips at the moment. I want to make a full length video where I haven't messed up the exposure, badly self-filmed myself or I've gone back to re-film lines that I could improve due to those problems of riding or filming. Perhaps I'm a bit unrealistic about what's possible given that I can't both film myself and ride.

I'm really enjoying riding at the moment but it's just not being translated into a video which is frustrating. Significantly this summer because I messed up uni and I'm doing loads of resits. I just hope that one day before I stop riding I manage to sort the video I want to ;)

I am a perfectionist though and it can be problematic in life :P

Cheers for comments anyhow.

btw, James Woodbridge should be mentioned for helping film some of these lines.

I watched this with Hayley last night and we both let out a little groan of disappointment when this was so short - that's the only disappointing thing about this Ben!

Great work, as always.

In other news, im not about much but don't fret over asking me to hold a camera at any point (Y)

I ain't gonna PM you this time.

Perhaps I'm a bit unrealistic about what's possible given that I can't both film myself and ride.

No offence but yeah. I tried that once, and then already used majority of my moves. So it would just get harder. You should stop releasing your tricks pre-maturely as you won't have anything left for next time. That's just my choice of riding/filming however, and i know allot of TF don't mind the repetitiveness anyway. But to me, you're making it harder for yourself in the long run.

And that last clip was perfect. If you wanted 100%, people, that rail and the shade from the tree needed to not be there. But is that really going to happen?

Was a decent video as the others say anyway. Nice mix up of spots and moves. And again, last move executed brilliantly.

[edit]

ps. i'm pretty sure i've said all that before?

Edited by eskimo

I wasn't exactly displeased with every dimension of the video. I didn't really have any complaints about the last clip either. But generally speaking there were bits in most of the clips that needed re-doing. A lot of the stuff was "second prize" material which I know you share my feelings about.

I don't really have the time to ride over the 5-6 weeks so I just wanted to get rid of the clips so the idea of riding to make a video was less meaningful at the moment which means I'm less likely to get distracted from my studies.

Thanks for commentary.

I'm not trying to be a dick but I am disappointed because I have problems about getting people to film because I hate disturbing other people's rides and having the time to collect clips at the moment. I want to make a full length video where I haven't messed up the exposure, badly self-filmed myself or I've gone back to re-film lines that I could improve due to those problems of riding or filming. Perhaps I'm a bit unrealistic about what's possible given that I can't both film myself and ride.

I'm really enjoying riding at the moment but it's just not being translated into a video which is frustrating. Significantly this summer because I messed up uni and I'm doing loads of resits. I just hope that one day before I stop riding I manage to sort the video I want to ;)

I am a perfectionist though and it can be problematic in life :P

Cheers for comments anyhow.

btw, James Woodbridge should be mentioned for helping film some of these lines.

Ben i was in no way having a go or having a dig! I know how much of a perfectionist you are, certainly not a bad thing when it drives you to make the quality of videos you do with the level of riding you can produce. I want 1/10th of the skill you have on both fronts! Shame you're restricted by people being able to film etc. but not a lot you can do, unless you employ someone; but that's not going to happen! :P

Sorry about uni dude, bit of a ball ache. You'll get it sorted.

The enjoyment you're getting from riding is reflected in your videos and it looks like you're having a good time :)

May have to roll up to Bristol and give you a hand with the filming some time (and drag Rainbird with me).

• Like 1

It's rare and enjoyable to be able to discern a rider's thought process from just watching his style . Deliberate ,planned lines pulled smoothly by a talented rider enjoying himself - very inspirational to watch and your own misgivings will probably result in increasingly neat riding .

Also for me and presumably many others who live in areas devoid of other riders , videos like these are more meaningful than just an interesting distraction - it's aspirational . I can't imagine seeing riding like this in real life , but it sure as Hell makes me wanna emulate it . So , uh - thanks !

:)

• Like 3

Spot on Ben! really impressed with that, shame it was so short, which I'm sure you've heard a million times. ha

Regardless of that it even made me want to ride Bristol, which is going to happen before i go back to uni!! so you may get a message from me :)

You should put out videos more often, even if you do find them disappointing.

...No-one else does :P

This!

I let out a little groan of disappointment when this was so short - that's the only disappointing thing about this Ben!

Great work, as always.

And this!