What Gloves Are People Wearing This Winter?

dann2707

My Nike running gloves are holy to f**k so I'll be looking at getting some new ones.

One thing I can't stand riding in winter is cold hands.

What do you have and how do you rate them?

I'm after grip, flexibility and warmth.

Cheers. Oh and please provide links etc if you can.

I am using these at the moment : http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=78127

For £12 they are amazing, very flexible, they are comfortable and fit the hand tightly, the added texture on top of the finger tips are great for the grip on the lever.

The only downside is they are not very warm so that might be a problem.

Mikee, speaks the truth. Used them for the last three years on the motorbike too, they're awesome (Y)

After hearing great reviews of the troy lee designs XC gloves i got some last year.

They ripped after 5 weeks on both thumbs, maybe they were a faulty pair but i didn't risk using them again.

Jakes been using some old 661 Recon gloves for over two years now.

Ive used them on occasion, and they are really nice. Fit well, grips nice, dont move about on the hand and are properly durable.

Oh, and theyre toasttyyy

Edited by Echo Lite 09

latex gloves

This, I really dont like riding in gloves at all, but if I have to then they must be really thin.

Golves like the 661 Rev's or the Giro Sprockets and just wear a surgical latex glove underneath them to keep my hands warm

Edited by J.KYDD

I just try to wear normal gloves between spots and maybe for warming up.

Word. Cheap, shit £3 TopMan woolen gloves do the job for me, then take them off to properly ride.

Alternatively, I used to use the old Hebo gloves. The new 661 gloves seem decent too though, as do the Fox Attacks. Anything thin does the trick - I hate that 'thick glove' feeling.

• Like 1

Thick gloves are dicks for trials. Actually, I rode in Bristol once when it was cold (and complained lots about it...) and I had some winter motorbike gloves, and my hands froze right through those so I'm both interested and skeptical about this subject.

I've found in the past that if you don't 'properly' ride when you're out, it's almost like gloves seal the coldness in rather than keeping you warm. I was hurt most of last winter so when I went out I couldn't ride, and I found a few times that my hands just kept really cold because of my gloves. Was pretty weird, and could be because I'm retarded.

Haha, that was with brakes too - as soon as I started riding properly I took them off. They were just good for keeping the wind off when I was pedalling spot to spot, then when it was business time my hands kept themselves warm for the most part.