The Angry Thread.

Blake

Man, totally forgot about Valentine's day but had assumed, anyway, that the girlfriend was like me and didn't subscribe to it - like it's been in every one of my other relationships. It turns out it was important to her. I didn't even know it was that day until I saw a post from her on my wall.

I wonder if it relates to the broader problem of me being a bit of a crap boyfriend at the moment. Since the accident I've been quite reclusive and feeling pretty crazy at points and my finances are f**ked due to poor management and leaving university. But then she started a relationship with me after that had happened so I do feel as though I deserve some leeway. I think, perhaps, she doesn't believe me. I'm kind of paranoid about that with people because I look pretty normal now but, day to day, I can feel okay to very sketchy. I know I've tried my best in many respects and denied my social exhaustion to do things I know she'd like me to. In that sense, I don't think I'm going to feel guilty. I can't help the shit that's happened to me and I know I'm trying very hard in various ways to become better. None the less, I understand if she doesn't see that or is unwilling to endure me. I've got to be a bit tiring or lacking in an ideal sense.

Anyway, I needed to vent. I've already felt like shit since I tried working on Saturday and this isn't an ideal addition to life right now.

Edited by Ben Rowlands

First world problems. My girlfriend had this literally orgasmic smelling perfume over summer, so so nice and it just makes me think of her (weirdly enough I got a whiff of it on the back of her bra the other night which sent us on this hunt) but after spending about 1000 hours in perfume shops I can't find the source of it, she can't remember the name of it too.

Sad dan :(

Edited by dann2707

She had both "for her" Boss ones over Summer apparently and said the bottle is ripply and see through which made me think it was this one.

3053.jpg

I smelt it but it just didn't seem like the one which is pretty lame haha.

The thing is she's already got quite a few but I wanted this one again as it just reminds me of when we met over summer. Soppy stuff haha.

Bought the one I think might be right though.

Edited by dann2707

I feel like that from time to time, it's natural dude. During times of massive stress I find I just direct a lot of my frustrations onto her.

Try to deal with the shit, rather than taking it out on her. I know sometimes that's easier said than done, (I can't just sack off uni, for example, even though I hate it and consider it to be one of the worst decisions I ever made), but there are ways and means. Have you tried getting away for a weekend or just a day out? Try doing similar stuff to the kind of thing you did when you last felt all loved up.

Cheers, glad to hear it's not too abnormal. I think another possible cause is that she's doing her second masters degree (takes 2 years over here) and as a result she's had very little time since early December up until just a few days ago. We didn't go out anywhere or do anything interesting for so long that I just lost interest after going through the frustration phase. She too thinks that doing this course was a massive mistake so you two have something in common :P

We're planning a trip somewhere next weekend. Hope this will help, I feel so bad with this attitude. Cheers man (Y)

Sounds to me like it's just a compound thing, lots of life-stuff combining together to make for a very frustrated/negative atmosphere. Things in common though you say? :shifty:

Trip sounds good, I'd just try to go into it with the mindset of leaving the shit behind. Maybe try to work a surprise for her into it? Like a little "Thanks for putting up with me for being grumpy" thing? I find that sort of thing helps us both, might work for you?

• Like 1

Wedges arn't my problem... Its the cutting to size / painting / measuring then chiselling in hinges / fitting / drilling the handle holes / attaching the handle / cutting in the bolt to the doorframe / fitting the bolt / fitting the striker plate / making door frame straight.

And once all thats done making sure it actually opens and closes and functions like a door.

Wedges arn't my problem... Its the cutting to size / painting / measuring then chiselling in hinges / fitting / drilling the handle holes / attaching the handle / cutting in the bolt to the doorframe / fitting the bolt / fitting the striker plate / making door frame straight.

And once all thats done making sure it actually opens and closes and functions like a door.

Sounds like fun! (Y)

I love chiselling. There a loads of videos online for this sort of stuff.

Had to really force myself to get out on the bike today, because I'm trying to ride every weekend now. Decided if I was going to do it, I might as well try something ridiculous.

One very scratched bike, a lot of cuts and a puncture later and I can safely say I'm still very much lacking in talent.

Nah, it's all legit.

I mean, if I didn't have a passing interest in riding a skatepark at some point in the future I'd think it was pretty cool because it looks a lot more fun than just going to a gym, turning your brain off and smashing out some weights/a treadmill/other men in the anus. However, if it ends up being as popular as stuff like Zumba I can see skateparks getting pretty hectic. I hope they start doing it at some of the outdoor parks in more 'interesting' estates/locations and see how they get on ;)