The Angry Thread.

Blake

This girl at work passed her theory a few weeks ago, 14th time lucky! How does that make you feel? Angry? ;)

What the f**k?!?!?!

That's like £700 on theory if it's 50 quid a pop. That's daft. Did she even revise?

I hope she never drives

Theory is so f**king easy though. Like you don't even have to be logical about shit you just have to remember the questions and answers :/ the hazard perception is flawed though. They should really bring in a more reliable system.

Just had the weirdest dream in my life and a completely lucid one. I was having a nap on my bed and my dream among other things was that I'm on my bed but in a hotel not being able to get up. I'd feel like I'm getting up but when I looked, I was still in exactly the same position as before whilst the missus was waiting in a restaurant and getting impatient. I really wanted to get out of bed but couldn't, I would see my legs move as if I was doing it but my body remained on the bed. I even deliberately fell out of bed onto the floor and felt the impact but then realized I'm still on it. I believed this was because I was on some sort of drugs which I had previously taken before driving a car to the hotel. All I can remember from that bit of the dream was that I wanted to stop for a red light but my legs went completely numb and I couldn't. I finally moved my leg with my hands and accelerated past it just as it went red. Part of the dream was also having violent diarrhea in the hotel in a manner probably more suited to Family Guy than anything that would really happen. I wanted to go to the loo but a massive elevator escaped and I could see it going a floor below me. It had a huge TV screen on the top. Then it turned out the floor I was standing on was an elevator and it stared moving down which enabled me to get to the toilet. That's where I should probably stop.

How the f**k do you even manage to do something like that? Ive cracked a couple of flanges :shifty: But never actually snapped one off! Is it because of grinds? Dont BMXs have skirts which go onto hubs to stop that?

I'm shit at bikes, I've broken everything there is to break twice. Saying that, I have no idea how this happened, it's been like that for a while I think, felt loose for a few weeks now. I rebuilt my wheels today and couldn't believe it when I saw it...

Another "jack dickinson" dispute thread that has made me angry. I can't comprehend him. At all.

He is such a f**king potato. It's so rediculous it's past funny and is unfunny again.

• Like 1

What the f**k?!?!?!

That's like £700 on theory if it's 50 quid a pop. That's daft. Did she even revise?

I hope she never drives

this is the way i think of it. She can only adher to dvla theory standards 1 in 14 times... :blink:

Theory is so f**king easy though. Like you don't even have to be logical about shit you just have to remember the questions and answers :/ the hazard perception is flawed though. They should really bring in a more reliable system.

God knows what she was doing in preparation for it, not revising I hope.. otherwise that's even more embarrassing. I won't be getting in her car any time soon!

How do you think the hazard perception is flawed? I think it's possibly the only 'actual' testing in the theory.. the questions are just a short term memory game, like the stopping distances.

How do you think the hazard perception is flawed? I think it's possibly the only 'actual' testing in the theory.. the questions are just a short term memory game, like the stopping distances.

you dont get marks if you spot the hazzards before the allocated time slots.....

its so vaigue, some things i look at and think they're a bit dodgy, but not a hazzard and vice versa.

you dont get marks if you spot the hazzards before the allocated time slots.....

its so vaigue, some things i look at and think they're a bit dodgy, but not a hazzard and vice versa.

True, but you need to know the difference between someone standing on the pavement and someone who's chasing a football along the pavement and therefore likely to end up in the road. I think it does test your knowledge and how you perceive situations, granted some of them are probably a bit stupid.. but they want you to be too cautious than to cruise around not slowing down for anything ;)

• Like 1

True, but you need to know the difference between someone standing on the pavement and someone who's chasing a football along the pavement and therefore likely to end up in the road. I think it does test your knowledge and how you perceive situations, granted some of them are probably a bit stupid.. but they want you to be too cautious than to cruise around not slowing down for anything ;)

but what im saying is you could see the hazzard, click, and then get no points because you clicked/saw the hazzard too early. I found this alot with the practise hazzard perception tests.

The HP test is a load of crap.

They warned me not to click too much because I'd instantly fail, so I went cautious and I failed. Second time I just clicked like a mofo and passed.

It's filmed on a 90's casio calculator and pretty much everything in them is a hazard. Total rubbish.

• Like 1

but what im saying is you could see the hazzard, click, and then get no points because you clicked/saw the hazzard too early. I found this alot with the practise hazzard perception tests.

I agree entirely. I didn't really read up on it at the time, but I don't think I really know what a hazard is? Like I'm obviously watching vehicles in a 360° arc around me and I know each one is a hazard if it hits me. People running along the road beside you - hazard, pulled over car - hazard, road works - hazard, braking vehicle (which doesn't actually count) - hazard etc. The road's f**king full of hazards ffs. And it's proper ambiguous when you should click. Because I definitely saw most of the hazards before they started the scoring for them and it can't be based off when you'd have to make evasive manoeuvres or change direction either, because they don't in the video.

Besides, I did my car and bike theory on the same days and the hazard perception section for them was largely the same which made the bike theory rather trivial.

The route I take from Leeds to Hull to see my Girlfriend is being shut next month for 6 weeks through to September. Royally f**king up my way of getting there in decent time. Alternative is a replacement bus service that takes almost 4 hours...

More motivation to pass my driving test, f**k buses.

What people are saying is exactly what I was talking about it being flawed. The idea of it is excellent but it's really outdated and needs a better system.

That's the truth, it's shown to you in 144p so you can't see anything anyway! I got given some top advice for hazard perception, which was 'see a hazard-click, wait 2 seconds-click. If it's still going by this point, give that b*tch another click!'