The Angry Thread.

Blake

I hate clean shaving, but unfortunately have to do it for work. Now that I've got f**k all left on top it'd be nice to keep the whole lot at a grade 2/3 but I'll probably wait until I've had enough of this nuclear lark and find my way back to civvie street before going back to stubbly.

Stop smoking / drinking / codiene and drink water? :)

This.

Eat a clean diet, and drink plenty of water. If you've got a TV in your room, unplug/remove it and watch TV downstairs until you're ready to head off to bed. Your body need to start associating your bedroom with just sleep, nothing else.

Try reading a book before sleeping, it's more mentally engaging than watching TV and will tire you out more

• Like 1

And for God's sake, all of you get f. Lux got your computers.

It's a program that naturally changes the hue and temperature of your screen towards night time so you're not buzzing when you go to bed from your computer. It made a massive difference to my sleep pattern and now I'm an avid user of it 4 years later.

• Like 2

If I'm on the pc late at night I just turn it off when I'm tired, be it 11, 1 or 3. Go to bed, sleep, wake up at 7, work, go to sleep when tired. If I do 3-4 late nights in a row I generally have an early(ish) around 10-11 and sleep without an issue; I can't do continual late nights now that I'm getting old (36!).

If I regularly get too much sleep (more than 7 hours a night) I get really groggy and tired during the day, lose concentration and just don't function particularly well.

All of this said, I don't smoke, I very rarely drink alcohol now, never touched drugs; I have maybe 3 cups of tea/coffee a day and drink 3-6 pints of water daily. Diet isn't amazing at the moment but is reasonably varied with a lot of fruit :)

I drink about 2L of water a day and I'm normally running around work lifting shit around etc, I've always struggled with sleep but it comes at goes, I'll normally be up at 2am ish with it still feeling early

I've been largely nocturnal for years, and it started when I used to smoke a lot, got kind of a love hate relationship with it, but working in hospitality lends itself to a backwards sleep routine.

Easy enough to sort out though, just make sure you're actually tired at the right times by not letting yourself sleep in the day and don't allow anything entertaining/interactive at night. If you want to go to sleep earlier, wake up earlier and stay awake, easy. Eating at the times normal people eat helps too.

I don't smoke up anywhere near as much as I used to and it's made things worse, I'm normally awake by 5/6 and can't fall back asleep and can't nap even when hungover. More of a moan than an angry post, I'll have a day when I pass out at 10ish and sleep through until noon and that normally sorts me out

Late night street rides like that are the shit. Found so many rad spots in London by just going out for an aimless pedal around in the middle of the night. Cruising around empty streets is super good.

ahhh damn that sounds so chilled (Y) might try that now in Southampton

I have very low money after building my new computer, so all I bought so far is Goat Simulator with the GoatZ pack, and the Unreal Collection. £11 well spent, I love Unreal Tournament.

It's a good thing I built my new system ready for the sales, because the games I've bought really require dual 4gb GTX960s and a 5820k... :lol:

• Like 1

Well, I know what I'm about to go and find out. :P

EDIT: I saw 304fps but it's clearly limited by something. Never dropped below 298. I turned every setting up full and no drop. Might try to fiddle it to run at 5760x1200 as it only allows up to 1920x1200...

Edited by Muel