The Happy Thread

Duncy H

That's mental, when these days Ford claim a prospective '177 bhp' from their new 1 litre Ecoboost!

I read this on Autocar, it could be very wrong!

quick read through and they say that it is Ford rumored to work on a 177hp ecoboost engine

But damn, it is 100 hp more than my 1.0 car.

On a side note, just talked to my manager that I want to buy a car, and I realised that it is going to be expensive so I want to work 8 days a week

He was really helpful, I can work 6 days/week till september, sundays off so I can go out, and I can work more during school!

First own car, here I come :)

Edited by HippY

Mike why did you get a new Leon? And how the hell did it only have 90bhp?

The Leon S was a non-pd 90bhp engine... No idea why it only made that, but it did.

I got the new Leon because it was 20k less miles, two and half years newer and running 200bhp. Unfortunately it's not been looked after and therefore needs a lot of love - I've thrown almost £2k at it and it still needs more work. I'm fed up with it so selling as a project and buying a 1.8 MX5 instead.

The most satisfying thing I've ever done was phone my work place early in the morning, telling them I wasn't coming in today or indeed ever again. I proceeded to leave a 5 minute rant about everyone I disliked and why I disliked them. I also took the time to congratulate those that weren't total arseholes.

I felt great after that and went riding all day, then started my new job the next day haha.

Are these problems associated with fairly large organisations? As with my work, if you have an issue with something you bring it up at the weekly lab meeting. If you want something to be done, for example if you think you should start doing something a certain way, it's up to you to bring this into the company and create the plan yourself to be incorporated.

But I think that's probably the benefit of a new company with so little people. Less chance of getting dickheads. I was saying this to a colleague, that the introduction of new staff could really go either way and completely chance the dynamics of the company. Pretty much f**king vital that the interview process is adequate and thorough and that's why I want to interview the next set of interviewees as i'm a great judge of character, as said the other day!

Mine was a small company, the MD employed a PA and she decided to make herself office manager and be rude to everyone. I was talking to a site manager and she hung up the phone and called me into her office for a bollocking.

Next day I did what I said in the post above.

It wasn't just me, they lost about 9 people in a month, all because of her.

Quite small - 20 staff. It's fine saying oh we can work it out ourselves - till it's the boss.

One Managing Partner who is the person I spoke to.

The rest are ok.

But meh - that's in the past now I can't wait for the next adventure.

Edited by shercofray

Are these problems associated with fairly large organisations?

Yes. I work for a very large company, and as is the done thing these days, there's loads of managers and few actual workers. Its makes me laugh at our place how they can hand out £30k a year office jobs and create a title you've never even heard of, yet when it comes to taking on an agency lad down on the shop floor to make the place run smoother, and keep the office walla's in a job, it won't happen. None of the gaffers at our place have any common sense, and we get no support from them. Standard issue office equipment should be a bucket of sand and a noose

Yes. I work for a very large company, and as is the done thing these days, there's loads of managers and few actual workers. Its makes me laugh at our place how they can hand out £30k a year office jobs and create a title you've never even heard of, yet when it comes to taking on an agency lad down on the shop floor to make the place run smoother, and keep the office walla's in a job, it won't happen. None of the gaffers at our place have any common sense, and we get no support from them. Standard issue office equipment should be a bucket of sand and a noose

Hush your noise and get grafting you bloody peasant.

• Like 1

Less chance of getting dickheads.

As soon as one seeps their way through it's all downhill pretty much, and it's legally not that easy to fire people these days without a real cause. My current job was going pretty nicely til the woman I was actually temping for came back. The situation of her death has crossed my mind, just because I know of someone tells me she's died it'll be hard to smile a wee bit or cover that glint of joy in my eyes.

This reply wasn't meant to be as crazy when I hit quote, I swear