The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Nowt better than getting out into the lanes on my mtb, all it takes is one turn off the beaten track and you find stuff you never new existed. That's what I find is so much fun. It's care free and so chilled out. I was out the other week with mikey in scunny, went out round ackies warren and out to flixborough, it was quality. It'll be even better when project jump/dh bike is done, I'll be able to go to places like hamsterly and gisburn and throw it down the 4x tracks

Edited by bing

Worst thing to happen on any mtb.

I'd say with the exception of a puncture a bent mech hanger is about the least inconvenient issues to have whilst out on the MTB. Atleast you can bend it back for the remainder of a ride.

I don't have too many issues but on my first ride of my last bike half way up the assent my cranks fell off so had to find a stone to preload the bearings so they'd stay on. (This was whilst it was snowing). A few weeks ago on a borrowed bike I'd climbed to the top of the mountain, descended half way then climbed back to the top of the black route. Set off on the initial descent and my rear brake pads had somehow fallen out.

Brakes leaking on rides and pulling to the bars is also shit. Recently my valve cores came out when I loosened the dust cap....not ideal on tubeless wheels. Having to re-inflate and seat a tubeless tyre on the top of a cold mountain with a hand pump is rubbish. My friends brake mount bolts fell out on the top of an enduro descent which made for a very dodgy back brakeless ride down. (luckily he's quite good/brave). My friends remote seat post leaked on a recent ride meaning you couldn't set a height so it'd go up and down and then move randomly throughout the ride. Writing off a wheel through a crash on the top of a descent as happened recently is also inconvenient. And last but not least I crashed recently and bent the hanger and snapped the gear cable meaning I was stuck in top gear with a wonky mech...... in everyone of these fairly recent incidents a bent mech hanger would have been preferable.

Edited by Matthew62

Started riding my trials bike for the properly for the first time in at least 8 months and its been so sick. Ive been riding better than I ever have before, been able to sidehop some decent rocks and do some other neat stuff that Ive never been able to nail until now. So stoked with what Ive been achieving although I don't understand how not riding has improved my riding

• Like 1

Have had 2 amazing days doing demos on scandinavias biggest bike fair. f**king tired though, hand are dead but I love it! Riding from 9-5 two days in a row is...Exhausting but fun! Especially when you have a big crowd.

Andddd, have a pretty awesome deal with the Swedish importer of Inspired going on...