Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

It's not far from Carron Valley, at the top of the Tac ma doon road. Tomtain the hill is called. It's only a mile up and a mile down. First section down is pretty steep then mellows off a bit but is still really fast if you can negotiate the boggy bits. I had to "track walk" as I was pedalling up so I knew which lines were going to be the fastest on the way down. Last wee segment on the way up is a push. Its mostly all grass too, so slippy when wet on hard compound tyres like ive got.

You'll notice the chain guide too. After a good blast up Cathkin on Saturday, ive decided running the guide is the better option. I dropped the chain like 5 times then got annoyed. I cant be doing with holding back a little becasue my chain might drop. I was finding I was stopping pedalling on the rough bits and it was slowing me down.

Ive got shows on Friday and Saturday so ill see whats happening on the Sunday. Im sure parking will be a pain on the Sunday down Inners?

It's not far from Carron Valley, at the top of the Tac ma doon road. Tomtain the hill is called. It's only a mile up and a mile down. First section down is pretty steep then mellows off a bit but is still really fast if you can negotiate the boggy bits. I had to "track walk" as I was pedalling up so I knew which lines were going to be the fastest on the way down. Last wee segment on the way up is a push. Its mostly all grass too, so slippy when wet on hard compound tyres like ive got.

You'll notice the chain guide too. After a good blast up Cathkin on Saturday, ive decided running the guide is the better option. I dropped the chain like 5 times then got annoyed. I cant be doing with holding back a little becasue my chain might drop. I was finding I was stopping pedalling on the rough bits and it was slowing me down.

Ive got shows on Friday and Saturday so ill see whats happening on the Sunday. Im sure parking will be a pain on the Sunday down Inners?

Sunday will be the day to be there, that's when they're racing the Glentress forest and you'll have the podium at 6pm. The expo village is in Peebles and parking will be a bit mad but I got parked on the road out towards the trails fairly easily. They'll be somewhere you can sling the car. Or bring your bike, park out a bit and pedal in!

My Aunt has a hoos in Cardrona village, so I would be able to park in her drive and pedal over. Whats it like for getting about in the village with your bike? A bit of a pain? Can you ride up anywhere to watch the racing? Or is it better to walk?

Ah sweet, i'd do that! It's grand for getting your bike around the expo village. I did the same last year and will be doing the same again this year (possibly riding one day, spectating the next). I'll probs ride the trails as well (not the course obviously) and then pick and chose some spectating spots so will have my bike with me.

If you're there on the Sunday in the village you could probably just head to the Nukeproof/WTB stand as we'll have our van there. Should be room for your bike in it if you did want to ditch it for a bit.

Ah sweet, i'd do that! It's grand for getting your bike around the expo village. I did the same last year and will be doing the same again this year (possibly riding one day, spectating the next). I'll probs ride the trails as well (not the course obviously) and then pick and chose some spectating spots so will have my bike with me.

If you're there on the Sunday in the village you could probably just head to the Nukeproof/WTB stand as we'll have our van there. Should be room for your bike in it if you did want to ditch it for a bit.

An offer I cant refuse by the sounds of things! Get the kettle on Shelly!

Ill see what like the night before and give you a wee message.

I was at the pines today. Little clip from th 'dh' section

People are right when they say it's not very challenging, buts it's ok because it's local and flat if you fancy getting out for a few miles and having a steady pedal. I quite like it, but it's not on a par with gisburn for techy stuff. Gisburn has some pretty techy climbs and descents and that's what makes it good

It's not really DH is it. It's a fast Xc run with a couple of rocks in it, that's all. I wasn't even going that quick to be honest. Like I said previously, it's good for a steady pedal out with no stress

Edited by bing

I prefer the blue route to the red at pines, from the point of view that the red route is too much for the 9 miles they set in. The best part of red is the new deforested section that leads to those berms, the rest I can take or leave really..

Here's the current progress I've made on the bike I'm building for my wife. Started life as an old ropey steel Raleigh which I got powder coated when I had my mod done. Got some threadless forks off ebay, new wheels from Mr Booth on here, brakes from my box of spares and the bars and drivetrain are from my CX bike. Just need to sort a seatpost out, fit the chain and wire up the gears and brakes!

post-24247-0-18676800-1433060620_thumb.j