Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

Shit's getting a bit serious now.

Santa-Cruz-Nomad-650B-Turquoise.jpg

God damn you Tic!

I've got a couple of grand saved up that I was going to put towards a new bike, but Tic's got me thinking that the only two bikes I've ever been happy with were my old Cannonade RZ and my Lapierre X Control 710, so I'm on the hunt for another one of those from the same year.

I just don't get how they're so rare, I can't find anything frameset or otherwise for same :(

Shit's getting a bit serious now.

Santa-Cruz-Nomad-650B-Turquoise.jpg

God damn you Tic!

I've got a couple of grand saved up that I was going to put towards a new bike, but Tic's got me thinking that the only two bikes I've ever been happy with were my old Cannonade RZ and my Lapierre X Control 710, so I'm on the hunt for another one of those from the same year.

I just don't get how they're so rare, I can't find anything frameset or otherwise for same :(

One of my mates has got one of those Santa Cruz's, absolutely stunning bikes.

Worked for me...attachicon.gifdrk.gif

Best emoji ever.

That's my avatar!

It used to be animated but stopped working when the forums were upgraded a few years back.

edit: anyone got a 190 x 50 non fox shock I can borrow to test on the intense? I think my rp23 is overdamped on the compression tune and could be more supple. I could pay the 150 quid to get it pushed for my weight and the frame but I could almost get a ccdba for that much! The 44rc3ti up front has highlighted just how sluggish the back end is on compression.

I would also like to get away from fox if possible :D

Edited by forteh

What bit is it on? My rp23 feels a bit weak on the compression, probably due to the fact I'm a fat Cnut and need 275psi in to stop it bottoming out on anything other than a big hit

To be honest I'm a bit inexperienced with suspension and for all I know it's working perfectly as it is :D

I don't know that it is slow on the compression but when pushing down it doesn't seem to compress anywhere near as fast as the forks (even with lsc turned up a bit), I know that manually pushing down on the bars/saddle is not indicative of real world suspension loading.

When riding off road I'm not even sure how active the rear is, I do know that it virtually never bobs when pedalling (with propedal turned off - yay for vpp) and I don't really feel anything from the back end even though the linkages always seems to be moving when I look down. If I have the rebound set fast (0-1 clicks) it bucks me off the saddle although I rarely feel the hit that compressed the suspension, slowing down the rebound to 2-3 clicks is enough to stop it throwing me. Bare in mind that I do most of my riding seated when possible.

I have about 115-120psi in the rp23 which gives me 25% sag which is the sweetspot for the vpp linkage to work properly, I have never bottomed it out fully but then I haven't really hit any big stuff on it. It's got the standard low volume air can on it which increases the end of stroke ramp up so that is possibly why I haven't hit full travel yet. I'm only about 68kg/150lbs nekkid at the moment so pretty lightweight.

For the people that know suspension setup, should I be expecting the vpp to behave like the forks? If the shock is correctly compression damped should it be able to compressed in the same manner as the forks (bear in mind they're coil forks and it's an air shock)?

Edited by forteh

Is it made in a shed in california by hairy arsed welders? :)

Yup :D

Although its probably not what you're thinking it is... Might have made a mistake going for it but ill give it a try to see if I like it.

Hope to get it mostly built tonight.

Edited by Ross McArthur

I'm guessing blur :)

Same info should still stand with the SC vpp, I can stand up and pedal mine as hard as I like, as long as I'm smooth and don't move my weight up and down loads it's virtually bob free. Seated pedalling is like a hardtail but with traction and comfort.

just finished Jane's bike, I'm happy with how it's turned out. The front ends a bit high but I think she'd prefer that, can always cut it down if needed. I'm happy with the Skull decals on the seatstays too, she's a fan of all things skull related.

2upe2bb.jpg

• Like 2