Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

Was that in reference to the cake? :giggle:

I had made up 4 big chicken, bacon, cheese and salad wraps to keep me going, ontop of some Go-gels (which I usually hate the thought of using but swallowed my pride) but ate three of them on the train on the way up. Doh!

I stopped at Rowardenan and had a big munch from one of the stands at the Sportive event. Best "festival food" ive ever had.

Yup, although the Green Welly is a f**king rip off of a tourist trap so I'm not annoyed that you managed to steal some cake!

That's a classic move with the wraps though, I would have eaten them all though cause I'm a greedy b*****d...

New frameset and crankset. Pure Fix Cycles Keirin Pro frameset and Sram Omnium crankset. Changed from the Dolan I had which was a bit big. This is a 52cm frame and it feels pretty good. Got some adjustments to do here and there. Might change the bars to some kinda horn type bars so I'm bending over the front so much. Weighs about 8.54kg which isn't bad.

IMG_1695.jpg

• Like 4

Tartyadam is a gentleman :)

Machined some pro2 spacers to suit my 20mm bulb hub, he did have a proper drawing though!

30 minute turn around from issue of finalised drawing :o

edit: oh and hope post mount to is adaptor modified, for some reason hope machine them so that a single radius doesn't clear the post mount on marzocchi forks, 3 minutes with a half round file and all good! Helicoiled the clamp bolts on the sunline v1am stem I got for a fiver :D

Edited by forteh
  • Like 2

Marzocchi forks fitted, sunline stem fitted, 205 front rotor fitted, 185 rear rotor to fit once I've swapped the caliper.

Bike looks really focused with the longer forks and shorter stem, axle spacers should arrive tomorrow :)

Added bonus, the top cap adjusters on the marzocchis are far lower profile than on the rebas so are miles clear if the downtube unlike any other forks I've fitted to the frame.

edit: oh and hope post mount to is adaptor modified, for some reason hope machine them so that a single radius doesn't clear the post mount on marzocchi forks, 3 minutes with a half round file and all good! Helicoiled the clamp bolts on the sunline v1am stem I got for a fiver :D

This all over, was a f**king nightmare to fit my 4 pot XT brakes onto Mr Booths old AM3's!

It's only a tiny amount that needs to come off, seems a bit daft that hope haven't updated the program. Instead they categorically state that it doesn't fit later marzocchi post mounts but then doesn't say what years is defined by 'later'. It's all lies because it can be made to fit in minutes :)

It amazed me that the bolt holes to mount to the forks are slots so that it's adjustable when A, I had to run it all the way over or it caught the rotor, and B, once the caliper was bolted to the mount you couldn't access one of the bolts into the fork to adjust it anyway???

Still a WIP, but it is rideable now. Had a short but very hilly, mostly off road ride on it the other day. It reminded me how unfit I am but the bike was good.

Decided against dual HS33s as I realised that having one on the front wasn't very practical and I wasn't happy with the overall performance. The BB7 on the front won't be staying though and I may still stick a HS33 on the back.

post-19159-0-60106800-1429817836_thumb.j

Edited by Mikee
  • Like 1

It amazed me that the bolt holes to mount to the forks are slots so that it's adjustable when A, I had to run it all the way over or it caught the rotor, and B, once the caliper was bolted to the mount you couldn't access one of the bolts into the fork to adjust it anyway???

That's probably from fitting the shimano caliper onto the hope adaptor, it's all perfectly clear with my number5 mini. I've not got any shims between the caliper and adaptor yet, it's close but might get away with it depending on how the axle spacing works out.

edit: the axle spacers fit perfectly, so if anyone wants some 20-15mm bulb adaptors machining I've got a proper drawing so suit :)

I needed to space my IS caliper off the post mount adaptor with 1mm shims to ensure the adaptor clears the rotor but it's all good otherwise.

Edited by forteh