JD: Marino 24

JD™

Hey all. My first brand new build since I was 16. Ordered from Marino in October, got it the week before last. Specced out in such a way that I hope I won't be needing anything else for a long while yet!

post-497-0-29160100-1362391554_thumb.jpg

post-497-0-83874300-1362391486_thumb.jpg

post-497-0-17886300-1362391500_thumb.jpg

post-497-0-43212600-1362391514_thumb.jpg

post-497-0-28633800-1362391526_thumb.jpg

Specs:

Frame - Marino (1000,365,+25,74)

Forks - Marino (410x25)

Wheels - Hope Pro2 on Inspired rims

Brakes - Trialzones

Cranks - Profile (83mm BB shell)

Stem - BBB (90x35)

Bars - Trialtech Highrise

Tyres - Obvious.

• Like 8

Cheers peeps :)

Leon, postage took a couple of weeks but I don't know when it was actually sent to be honest. Originally it was finished in January some time and I thought he'd sent it then - as it happens he waited until Daves was finished and sent them at the same time so I ended up waiting about 6 weeks from completion.

Luke, I managed to ride it a bit on Saturday and was starting to get a bit of a feel for it when the chain snapped and I decided to go home. Didn't manage to get out again yesterday but it definitely feels like something I'll get used to :)

Adam - you knows it. I'm definitely up for riding every weekend now that it's finished!

The white frame and fork doesnt do it for me but the build looks tidy. Nice geo too. Would be interesting to feel how different it was to mine.

Are you using the full length of the steerer? I was really happy with how my forks came out, how about you?

I like the crank and bash set up!

The white frame and fork doesnt do it for me but the build looks tidy. Nice geo too. Would be interesting to feel how different it was to mine.

Are you using the full length of the steerer? I was really happy with how my forks came out, how about you?

I like the crank and bash set up!

I'm using the full length steerer, although I've dropped 5mm of stackers so far and I think I'll lose another 5mm before long too - I'm just not tall enough for these super high front ends! I love the look of the forks, but at the moment they seem pretty darn flexy... How're yours? I think the crank setup is my favourite part, so it's good people like it. Funny that I was going to run Saints - I think these suit it much better.

• Like 1

That is one sick bike. Love it.

Cheers :)

Lovely bike, cranks felt solid on Saturday.

I agree, bike is sweet, shame the brakes were not bedded in yet though. Cranks are very nice though!

I definitely should have stayed through Saturday night and Sunday - going home early did not seem to be appreciated as I'd hoped!

my favorite so far.love the forks beeing tapered so the backend and the frontend of the bike match each other.

white isnt my cup of tea though,but other than that very nice

I'm kind of glad a few people so far don't like the white - means less people will copy it!

That's beautiful. Now come ride Worthing or something!

Sure thing, can't do this weekend though or next though :(

Ive not fitted a brake to mine as of yet so couldnt really say. I have found ramming my front wheel into things to stop myself quite comfortable though :giggle:

Comfortable is one way of putting it :P I don't mind a bit of flex, so it's not the end of the world...