GETcreative 2

1a2bcio8

I really think extensions should NOT be allowed this year. Rules are rules and all that. I believe that there is enough time to go out and film a video, and there is certainly enough time to put something creative together, I felt that last year the results got dragged out as extensions galore were put in place, but this time it'd be nice for there to be a deadline people HAVE to stick to if they want to be in with a chance of winning.

With that in mind...people better get their ar*es out and start doing some creative stuff :)

I think there were a mixture of things that dragged the competition out at the end. The judging took longer than it should, my accident made me even more incompetent at organising things than normal and, yeah, a one month extension is pretty substantial. That being said, regarding the extension, the weather was pretty terrible last year. People don't really have that excuse this time.

Sorry if you've already mentioned it, but when is the cut off date ?

You have until the end of September.

I was tempted to enter, but I honestly can't see me bettering my entry from last year so I don't think I'll enter this year. I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with though.

PS, I hope people who are just re-submitting videos they put out recently get points deducted, that's not the spirit of the comp in my eyes, go out and make something specific.

• Like 2

PS, I hope people who are just re-submitting videos they put out recently get points deducted, that's not the spirit of the comp in my eyes, go out and make something specific.

Yup. Thought that about Andrew Dickeys video.

There was a guy last year who made a video which was very creative and didnt even know about Get comp and later entered said video...

Actually the ‘ghosts’ video was made with the comp in mind. We tried to make more creative or unusual ‘competition trials styled’ lines (like the front into A-frame over the fence, or the spin down to the little square to front over log). I also tried to show the time that goes into making a backyard set-up, and the time we put in riding it (day and night) with the fast motion sequences.

• 4 weeks later...

I am without a street bike so constructing a barrow farmesque course for my Marino but not got any clips yet. To be honest the only creative bit my vid will have is the fact I've built the course specially for it, the streety element (although I know not a specific requirement) will be lacking!