I need a good bright bedroom light, any advice?

dann2707

Hey TF.

My current bedroom lights are pretty dark for how many there are, it's a spot light one as pictured and it just doesn't light the room up very well despite changing bulbs etc. It's just so dark and dingy and pretty depressing especially when i'm trying to do work.

What are the best types of bedroom ceiling lights for brightness and overall coverage? Links to styles would be perfect as i'm going shopping in an hour.

These are mine atm.

Thank you!

2013-09-10134005_zpsc49faa97.jpg

Edited by dann2707

You're going to be limited by the max wattage the fitting can take...

I'm guessing some sort of halogen bulb at the max wattage is going to be the brightest. Also check the angle of the beam that they chuck out - you probably want a nice wide one.

Also they don't seem to be pointing in the best directions ? Looks like they could be angled down a bit more to get the light where you want it?

Oh and if all else fails - I love lamp.

You're going to be limited by the max wattage the fitting can take...

I'm guessing some sort of halogen bulb at the max wattage is going to be the brightest. Also check the angle of the beam that they chuck out - you probably want a nice wide one.

Also they don't seem to be pointing in the best directions ? Looks like they could be angled down a bit more to get the light where you want it?

Oh and if all else fails - I love lamp.

I've just angled them down but the spot lights are so direct and concentrated it didn't really spread the light out better.

I asked my Dad earlier and he says some decent LED lights would be really bright? Is this true? With new fittings obvs. He can sometimes try to be right when hes not haha.

These bulbs at the moment are 35 degree spread. The fixture itself says "MAX 35w GU halogen bulb 0.5m"

Thanks

I went to work and got a message from eBay saying my bulbs were on their way haha Dad ordered me some sneakily. I f**king love them! They're LED which I thought wouldn't be ideal. He's proper happy as they will save electricity too ha.

The light is so pure, it's almost clinical compared to the dull yellow before. Really happy and decided to paint my room at the same time haha yay

IMAG0142_zps91aabf6f.jpg

IMAG0140_zps82d61e5b.jpg

The wall now:

IMAG0144_zpsb72b3929.jpg

• 10 months later...

Hahahahahahaha, that's incredible.

Dan, your folks look like awful decorators.

What? Why?

This was all me and the girlfriends work I think!

You're a painter aren't you? I thought it would be in your nature to understand not to judge someone's work until it's finished ;)

Like me going up to someone who's just put the first skim of filler on a body panel and saying it's not flush :P

What? Why?

Like me going up to someone who's just put the first skim of filler on a body panel and saying it's not flush :P

Filler isn't an easy thing to work properly, you can usually tell if someone's good or not :P

Well you need a lot of practice at decorating then

The 'hahaha that's incredible' was aimed at the deleted auto spam post about light bulbs at dirt cheap prices.

• 2 months later...