Such a hard choice (inspired arcade news and info)

nicolasp1405

Does anyone know if arcade's ownners have the capability to order the arcade exclusive parts if they break any...

Ex: If my grips worn out, will I be able to get the arcade one(matt black, with gloss black logos) or I will have to buy the normal production ones(white logos)?

I don't think grips really count as a replacement part in the same respect as things like cranks and bars and stuff. Like Mark said with the grips, when they wear out keep hold of your bar plug, get some Inspired lock on grips, and voila.. It'll be the same.

Alternatively get rid of those god-awful lock-ons and put some delightufl foam grips on instead :P

You can get all the spares that really matter.

The stem is a Trialtech 90mm x 35° which is available 'off the peg'. I assume those pedals will be made available seperately too.

Inspired aren't the kind of people to leave you knackered if you break something. Even if it isn't available to purchase they'll do everything they can to hook you up.

post mounts just look gash for how big they need to be. The bike is meant to be ridden for everything, mtbers can be confused with + mounts so just standard IS mounts keeps it simple and you can run 160mm rotors if you're dirt jumping or riding it bmx style and don't need super powerful brakes and don't want to bend massive rotors

Exactly! Everything else in inspired's line up comes w 180mm disc tabs, everyone seems to be moving to post mounts so why not go that route????

Yeah brakes are moving to post mount but frames rarely do. Most frames are IS and you just use an adaptor. An IS to post mount for a 180mm rotor is pretty much the standard.

post mounts just look gash for how big they need to be. The bike is meant to be ridden for everything, mtbers can be confused with + mounts so just standard IS mounts keeps it simple and you can run 160mm rotors if you're dirt jumping or riding it bmx style and don't need super powerful brakes and don't want to bend massive rotors

Exactly, I'm amazed no one has mentioned this yet but surely there will be a good few riders who are going to want to run a 160mm rotor on the back.

Edited by Matthew62

• 8 months later...

I see now that the new batch of inspired Arcades now feature +20 mounts, meaning no adaptors needed if you running IS mount Hope calipers and 180mm rotors....NIce!! Has anyone found out what tubing they are using and if it is Heat Treated or not????