Such a hard choice (inspired arcade news and info)

nicolasp1405

Combined with a fairly low/stable BB height it helps to keep the bike quick enough to be responsive whilst keeping the weight nice and balanced in the centre of the bike (Y)

A 385mm chainstay on a 26" bike gives a chainstay/wheel radius ratio of ~1.17
Do the same for 364mm on a 24" and you get a ratio of ~1.19 so it's not as short/twitchy as you might imagine.

BB heights are fairly relative - I wouldn't necessarily say it was "low" as such, especially compared to the Skye, Element, streetier 24s and stuff. It's low-ish compared to something like the Radix, but they're extremely high so kind of skew that a bit.

Why Arcade have so small (364mm) chainstay and isn't it bad for something (like control in air or something)?

For someone who was so recently vocal about how geometry doesn't matter and it's all about the rider, it seems strange you've both posted a thread about how geometry affects the way a bike rides, and how the CS length of the Arcade works...

For bunnyhops, manuals and spins the shorter rear end works really well. For manual-to-spins in particular it feels really good. On my '09 Fourplay with 385mm stays manual 180s were doable but kind of laboured, and on my 2011 Fourplay they felt a bit of effort too. With the Arcade because the back end's that much shorter they just pop really nicely, and feel much more controllable. However, the shorter stays also means that they sit pretty well on the back wheel too for backhopping and all that sort of stuff.

If the front end was super short then the tight back end might feel a bit dicey on higher speed stuff, but as the front end is relatively roomy it feels fine. With my BMX's I always preferred a short rear end with a longer front as it made my bike feel more responsive by being quite 'poppy' because of how tight the rear end was, but you could control it because the front end was long enough to move your body weight around without suddenly being over the bars. It's a largely similar story with the Arcade.

Ok so i've got my first proper ride on the arcade and all I can say is that it's amazing!!!

-So much better than the fourplay, really felt stable on both wheel. Unfortunatly I didnt had my brakes yet, so I can really say how it feels on the back wheel, but from the small hops I did I could say that it will be pretty good.

-For the head angle, well I've just learned small nose manual as its so easy to lift the back, and I actually didnt feel like I was at risk of going over the bars.

-I also learned 180 front pivot brakeless, as the bike spins so well on both wheel.

-For the gear, 22/15 I think its just perfect not to high for trial, and just high enough to make the bike goes faster witch enhance the fun feeling of speeds.. ;)

-Finally, i'd say I couldnt really understand the feeling of a bike that we say "rides light" well now I clearly do! Even if its heavier than the fourplay, the bike feels way lighter because of its geo that makes it so easy to throw around!

-I didnt talk about details, but there is so much quality and beauty in those, but i'm shure all of you know that ;)

Really worth the prize! 9 on 10!

Edited by nicolasp1405
  • Like 1

but why Ozonys Styl costs 900 pounds for whole bike? I'm afraid to imagine how cheap framset is and how much it cheaper than an Arcade.

Well, Nicolas put up a review of his Arcade, here's a review of a Styl for you from OTN:

Rode a Specialized P2 for a few months and, appart from the excessive weght the P2 have, in terms of geometry and manouverability really liked the bike, very confortable to be on.

Being the Ozonys muuuuch lighter i really thought that basically everything i did on the P2 was going to be much easir on the Ozonys but... it wasnt the case, at least for now.

The riding position is to weird for me, really leaning forward and a lot more weight on my wrists. To pull a manual is a lot harder than on the P2, bunny hop also, basically everything that envolves pushing the front wheel of the ground it seems to be more difficult.

I measured my bars when I first put them on just over a year ago, and my memory's not that good unfortunately ;) They feel quite a bit higher than the High Rise bars which was what I was after. I do prefer the slightly less upswept shape though, I find for bunnyhops it just puts my arms/wrists in a more natural position. It's not a huge difference obviously, but I'm pretty anal about how my bikes feel so it felt quite a change for me.

For those of you who have the Arcade what gear ratios work with it? I currently run an 18 x 14 on my fourplay that would be close to 22 x 17.

Also would running a 160 rotor provide enough braking power for a 200lb rider? Im not a fan of running adaptors and if I'm paying that much for a frameset I'd like it to come ready for 180 mm rotors and not have to run an adaptor, every other Inspired bike comes ready for 180 rotors....

For those of you who have the Arcade what gear ratios work with it? I currently run an 18 x 14 on my fourplay that would be close to 22 x 17.

Also would running a 160 rotor provide enough braking power for a 200lb rider? Im not a fan of running adaptors and if I'm paying that much for a frameset I'd like it to come ready for 180 mm rotors and not have to run an adaptor, every other Inspired bike comes ready for 180 rotors....

Well on the arcade its 22/15

For the rotor, 160 could work, Its doesnt depend on your weight, cause is you use 200mm rotor and dont know how to shift your weight forward the bike wont go up.. So if your using 160mm what ever your weight is, if you know how to shift your weight forward it should work fine...

But you might prefer the feel of 180mm rotor...

• Like 1

Using a 160 on the rear would be to bad, you said about adaptors.

It would depend on what brake your running. Post mount your run an adaptor you change the size. To suit, if your running like a hope It would depend on what caliper your using to what rotor you can use.