Tarty Days 2014?

Theo Sanders

Adam, is there any facilities to park a lorry with a trailer with approx 40 tonnes of meat?

Joke aside, I can sort out the travel with lorries to London, then I will get there somehow :)

I'm slightly confused :P

But - the back roads around Barrow Farm are pretty tight, not really HGV suitable but if your driver thinks it's do-able then you could get dropped off I reckon (would be nowhere at the venue or park or turn around though).

I'm slightly confused :P

But - the back roads around Barrow Farm are pretty tight, not really HGV suitable but if your driver thinks it's do-able then you could get dropped off I reckon (would be nowhere at the venue or park or turn around though).

I work at the lorry company so it is possible for me to get the East London, at one of the places they would go to stop, then I will take trains and buses and whatnots to go to Barrow farm :)

I would not ask the drivers to go near there, and no, I would not stop at the car park in Barrow farm with a lorry full of meat :D

• 4 weeks later...

its me again :/

As a 1st timer I have no idea what to bring to tartydays and what not. so far the plan

Tent

Bike in a bag

not sure how much food and drink

tickets

helmet

clothes

Is there anything else?

Is London Enfield or Dartford sketchy place to be?

Considering how much Northerners go on about how gritty and tough they are, it's amazing how that vanishes as soon as they step inside the M25 ;)

Lived in London for just over 3 years - virtually no problems at all. As with anywhere there are some dodgier bits, but most of central London is absolutely fine. Dartford seemed pretty normal when I went there too.

• Like 1

Considering how much Northerners go on about how gritty and tough they are, it's amazing how that vanishes as soon as they step inside the M25 ;)

Lived in London for just over 3 years - virtually no problems at all. As with anywhere there are some dodgier bits, but most of central London is absolutely fine. Dartford seemed pretty normal when I went there too.

Haha love you too mate. To be fair I've only ever driven round London in a van with work, or went down on the train as a tourist with our lass. I tell you what though, Doncaster and scunny are very grim in some areas. I found Central London to be like a larger more expensive version of a seaside town, full of tat and trinket shops. Although we did enjoy covent garden, it was very nice round there, and Trafalgar Square as well. Edited by bing

Yeah, Covent Garden/Trafalgar Square are like that just 'cos they're pretty much the most touristy bits. It gets a bit more normal away from those places.

That wasn't specifically a comment about you by the way - from having mentioned it to 'Notherners' that I come from London quite a few people mentioned about how dodgy/sketchy/stabby London was. From lurking at some of the sketchier estates in London, they're kind of the same level of sketch as any other sketchy estates I've been to in any of the places I went exploring around the NW area. I guess the main difference is just the gang crime in London, but having lived in what was at the time one of the worst places for gang violence it was never really much of an issue for me because I wasn't part of a gang so wasn't really a target. There were quite a few people who got murdered near my place in my second year in London, but it was all specifically gang-related stuff with a chosen target so it was never like it felt dangerous to us normal people :P

not sure how much food and drink

Is there anything else?

based on my experience of radfest you'll be able to blag lifts to the local supermarket, or be able to ask someone to pick stuff up for you....

bring critical spares if you have them.

probably to early to ask, but since i won't be at tartydays this year, i trust there are no plans to stop tartydays?

and is the new danny mac video getting premiered @ tartydays? if so massive baw :(

based on my experience of radfest you'll be able to blag lifts to the local supermarket, or be able to ask someone to pick stuff up for you....

bring critical spares if you have them.

probably to early to ask, but since i won't be at tartydays this year, i trust there are no plans to stop tartydays?

and is the new danny mac video getting premiered @ tartydays? if so massive baw :(

#1 True

#2 Definitely

#3 -

#4 The Tarty Europe trip video is being premiered not sure about Dannys video though.

• Like 1

From the Red Bull page.

i know the dates don't co-incide but i thought they did an early showing of stuff at the last tarty days... and i can't imagine that showing it to a handful of trials nerds will really affect their total views on release day... you'll all be qaiting to watch it again aha

Red Bull are doing a premiere of it at the Monaco Grand Prix that takes place the same weekend. Unfortunately, I doubt that a field in Essex has quite the same appeal to them ;)

Having your riding video put on at the most glamourous venue for one of the biggest sports in the world is probably a good indication that you've "made it".

• Like 6

chance of rain for friday, chance of storm for saturday and partly cloudy on Sunday

I think I am preparing with a little bit more beer... but any plan at bad/stormy weather?

I'm packed and ready to go, I'm setting off tomorrow morning about 10am, going to go into London first have a ride round as I've never been. Get some tea then head to radical bikes and get setup ready for the morning. Please don't rain.