Inpulse R26 Finally Built!

isitafox

Right lads, after loads of messing about I've finally got my Inpulse built up. Still needs a few minor touches but for now it is (almost) rideable, will be coming to work tomorrow night to bleed the rear brake and then I'll be away!

If anyone wants a full spec I'll write one up when I'm not on my phone!

post-24247-0-16662400-1395842955_thumb.j

post-24247-0-52238500-1395842979_thumb.j

post-24247-0-67130100-1395843002_thumb.j

post-24247-0-89556600-1395843023_thumb.j

EDIT: Got some spacers made up for my Trialtech bottom bracket and fitted some new Trialtech Sport Lite forks, swapped the rear wheel for a TR hub with Trialtech SL rim and Echo SL FFW.

Need to have a play with the wheel as I'm pretty sure the axle is bent but it doesn't worry me!

DSC_9547_zpsvtrbhh3v.jpg

DSC_9548_zpspokmp2g9.jpg

• Like 5

I got a half link which technically would have cured it but the small blocks on the adjusters still held the wheel miles too far back. Simple solution, I just unscrewed the block and filed them down 5mm. Now the chain tension is perfect and I've got a good bit of adjustment to work with, still might give 18-16 a try at some point though.

Buy the plastic ones and put them in heatsink backings. Literally the best pad on a grind

How did you get them out of the backing? With metal backings I just put them into the oven at 150°C and they just "pop" out.

Oh... and how long do these pads last? My TNN LGM green weren't very durable. I ride yellow heatsinks now.

Edited by niconj

How did you get them out of the backing? With metal backings I just put them into the oven at 150°C and they just "pop" out.

Oh... and how long do these pads last? My TNN LGM green weren't very durable. I ride yellow heatsinks now.

Yellows are shit. I used like mini mole grips on mine to get them out. And warmed them up in the oven. I'll post a pic of what i used in a bit.

Yellows are shit. I used like mini mole grips on mine to get them out. And warmed them up in the oven. I'll post a pic of what i used in a bit.

Interesting as there seems to be a wide consensus that they are quite the contrary.