New Hope Hub

Dman

I know that I shouldn't get one, but like Ross said, they sell themselves. The gain is so marginal in reality, meaning I'd only gain about 12 EPs at the cranks over my Pro 2s with my gearing, but who cares? 

Obviously you'll have to buy a set though and not just a rear :P Plus this all depends on there being a trials version...

any idea on the engagement points of the new xc Pro4s? I have found they have 8 degree movement but I've seen the trials hub has 4 degrees which would suggest they're ~44 engagement points. I thought that was what the old pro 2 evo (XC) hubs were at? Hope said they increased the engagement but that doesn't sound like it.

Edit, turns out the old hub was 36 engagements, so it's a little higher at 44 now

3 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

They do sell themselves..

It's more that you can sometimes order things from Hope and the won't necessarily send what you were expecting :P  So it's not really much pressure from their end to push new stuff as it's just what people will end up ordering anyway, either intentionally or not.

Be interesting to see how regularly Hope decide to add another click here and there to make their hubs marketable.

• Like 1

Mark - are the colours slightly different tones to those of previous models? 

Looking at the pics on TB, they appear so, but could just be the photographic conditions have changed since the pro 2 photos were taken or the angles just make it look that way

Edited by ben_travis

1 hour ago, ben_travis said:

Mark - are the colours slightly different tones to those of previous models? 

Looking at the pics on TB, they appear so, but could just be the photographic conditions have changed since the pro 2 photos were taken or the angles just make it look that way

The colours have changed, yeah - they can even change subtly from batch to batch, but over that period of time they definitely have.  The blue and red ones tend to be the ones that vary most, but they've been reasonably consistent of late.  Overall the colours have shifted a bit though.

• Like 1