Pad Reviews

Mark W

Why the f**k does everyone praise rock pad blues?

Theyve worn at a silly rate today and they crap :angry:

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAAAHAA!

Mine are still mint, wearing slowly etc.

Can't be bothered to put a rewiew mind...

^^ Dave, yeah i done it on front yesturday.

Just get a bit of sand paper take time and rub right round till the grind comes off, If you want it uber smooth get some ''smoother'' sandpaper and go round again (Y).

Mine worked mint and now brake kicks ass

Why the f**k does everyone praise rock pad blues?

Theyve worn at a silly rate today and they crap :angry:

What the hell lol! Just got my new set on and they are by far the best pads ive ever had the imense in wet and dry.

Spose its only my opioion though mate.

What grind are you using.

iv had the new zoo!'s for over a week now on a smooth echo 07 rim and they are by far the BEST pads i have ever had! mine literally bedded in within two minutes!! they hold immensley in the dry and are okish in the wet :) no need for tar as iv found they work worse with it...

yet another set of cousts wth alu backings. used on a grind put on in december, so it's pretty old but sparingly used so its not too bad. took about 10 minutes before brake worked really well, now it's like always, loud and grabby, hold could have been a little bit better but i don't mind.

should be even better when i put a new grind on.

I just got a dengura rear brake...installed it on my bike(smooth rim btw), tried it out it locked up, and held my weight on the rear wheel. I got a full day of riding on it, I was never let down by the braking power, it worked fine all day, nothing intensely strong. So when I got home and rode it around a bit, did a few fakie spins, and then SQUAWK! The brake pads wore in, and now they're so LOUD AND STRONG!!! The braking power is AMAZING! If the pad barely touches the rim it screams and starts to lock up! WOW! They're echo white brake pads by the way.

I just got a dengura rear brake...installed it on my bike(smooth rim btw), tried it out it locked up, and held my weight on the rear wheel. I got a full day of riding on it, I was never let down by the braking power, it worked fine all day, nothing intensely strong. So when I got home and rode it around a bit, did a few fakie spins, and then SQUAWK! The brake pads wore in, and now they're so LOUD AND STRONG!!! The braking power is AMAZING! If the pad barely touches the rim it screams and starts to lock up! WOW! They're echo white brake pads by the way.

I just put them in about 10 mins ago, They seem to wobble a bit, Not slip. Its the backings moving in the cylinder, Ill see how they comp with a ride on the rocks later on, But for a quick 10 mins on a few curbs, They were ace, They had NO sponge, just very + feel to them. I'll pots a proper review tonight. should be a good one, Hopefully :P

EDIT. To keep you folks happy (mainly "Davetrials" and "Terror-error" :P) there on a grind, Light/ worn/ dead/ sanded down, but there is a grind there, I ground it for my pair of heatsink, is kinda wore off, and tyhey a sanded it down. !

Edited by Matt Gibson

Brake - HS33 with water bleed

Pads - Koxx blue

Rim - Planet-X BMF (DX 32)

Grind - Light/worn

Worked superbly since I put them on. Didn't regrind or even clean my rim when I put them on. Nice, confidence inspiring squreak although deafening when manualling.

Work in the wet and the dry equally well.

Love these pads.

I just put them in about 10 mins ago, They seem to wobble a bit, Not slip. Its the backings moving in the cylinder, Ill see how they comp with a ride on the rocks later on, But for a quick 10 mins on a few curbs, They were ace, They had NO sponge, just very + feel to them. I'll pots a proper review tonight. should be a good one, Hopefully :P

EDIT. To keep you folks happy (mainly "Davetrials" and "Terror-error" :P ) there on a grind, Light/ worn/ dead/ sanded down, but there is a grind there, I ground it for my pair of heatsink, is kinda wore off, and tyhey a sanded it down. !

you use heatsink metal backings before? all metal backings splay the 4 magura prongs over time so i imagine thats why your echo pads are moving

Brake- hs33, water bleed

Pads-Coustsink cnc

Grind-Fresh

Have run these pads for about a week of solid riding now and one trial. They beeded in on a slightly worn grind pretty quick (i just rode down the road with the brake on lightly. Has a nice lound honk and quite good hold, very grabby and havent worn much. Rode the YMSA trial on Sunday in the mud and rain and they worked great there too, even had some honking going on in the wet, held well in the muddy conditions. Fresh grind on after the comp and even louder brake and loads of grab and hold. Well worth the money, buy some!

Pads: Echo '07

Time used: 2 days

Rim used: Onza ronnie (mod)

Grind: very light / smooth

Brake used: Magura HS-33

Previous used pads: heatsink blues/whites/reds/new gens, green rock pads, Zoo pads, Koxx greens, Rock pads Red

Review:

I spent about 30mins getting the pads allined right, hitting flat, and at the same time, etc etc. I popped about in my carpark for about 10mins, they seems REALLY good. no slips, not squeeze, just bitey. I went out on a proper ride, with a mate. They held on ever thing I threw at it. They slipped about 2 time during that ride, which I wasnt too fussed about. It was about a nipple height wall I tried to back wheel, but next time I done it, got it to back wheel, and the brake just held. went out just before, and they were as good. In this time, they have not wore, maybe by something by like 1mm, but thats tops. I will see what they are like on a light grind when I can be bothered grinding the rim.

All in all very good pads. Thy also have a nice squeek

• 2 weeks later...

Pads: plaz CRM's

Time used: a week

Rim used: echo 07

Grind: light, sharp

Previous used pads: lots

Review:

Didnt take long to bed in, 10 mins or so, nice and loud, havent slipped, bitey

about 1mm of wear, alright in wet but amazing in dry

sorted (Y)

Edited by afroman

Pads: phat pads in cnc backings

Time used: a month or so

Rim used: echo 07/ronnie

Grind: medium/harsh

Previous used pads: crm's, new zoo pads, old rock pads.

Review: nicked these pads off max-t :shifty: had about 3mm left on them when i got them. they bed in nearly straight away and provided lots of lock, bite and a very loud honk. after using them for a month i checked how much left there was... just under 3mm.

in the wet these lost a bit of bite and noise, but the hold stayed.

really good pads which last for ages and provide an amazing brake.

Pads: phat pads in cnc backings

Time used: a month or so

Rim used: echo 07/ronnie

Grind: medium/harsh

Previous used pads: crm's, new zoo pads, old rock pads.

Review: nicked these pads off max-t :shifty: had about 3mm left on them when i got them. they bed in nearly straight away and provided lots of lock, bite and a very loud honk. after using them for a month i checked how much left there was... just under 3mm.

in the wet these lost a bit of bite and noise, but the hold stayed.

really good pads which last for ages and provide an amazing brake.

seconded, mine are still awesome, but i think ill get some coust material next as mine are nearly on the metal haha

mine get even louder in the wet

Pads: koxx bloxx browns

Time used: 2weeks (and 9months+)

Rim used: tryall fluro 26"

Grind: uber harsh

Brake used: Magura HS-33 water bleed rb booster

Previous used pads: ZOO!s plazzies heatsinks rock pads blues maggura redz

best setup i've ever run, they're stupidly loud (which is wierd 'cause even on mad grind on my old bike they were dead silent) so much more bite+hold than zoos + plazzies :)

Pads: koxx bloxx browns

Time used: 2weeks (and 9months+)

Rim used: tryall fluro 26"

Grind: uber harsh

Brake used: Magura HS-33 water bleed rb booster

Previous used pads: ZOO!s plazzies heatsinks rock pads blues maggura redz

best setup i've ever run, they're stupidly loud (which is wierd 'cause even on mad grind on my old bike they were dead silent) so much more bite+hold than zoos + plazzies :)

seconded,best pad ever!

• 2 weeks later...

Pads: RimJam V3's

Rim: Brand new 07 echo

Grind: Almost smooth (barely noticable)

Tar: No, never

Brake: 05 Maggie with Echo lever blade (factory oil, desperate for bleed)

Time used: 20 mins

Booster: None but 07 pitbull with "built-in" booster

Other pads used: Old zoo's, old echo's, crappy pads from trials-uk

Review: I couldn't believe these pads when I first put them on, they did not need any bedding in and every other pad on that light grind is normally crap... They are incredibly loud, but fairly quite when backhopping, which I prefer... I think this is a pad for every type of rider, they better suit smooth, slow riders but are still grippy enough for people with a mroe "aggressive" style...

Summary: Incredible pad, don't think I'll ever use anything else

Nathan :)

• 2 weeks later...

Pads: Heatsink red pads in cnc backings

Time used: over 10 months

Rim used: try all

Grind: smooth, no grind

Previous used pads: magura orange, heatsink blue

Review: The best braking pads on smooth rims in the dry. Now I must admit I use tar once in a while, and in the wet, no braking at all.

They hardly wear out on a smooth rim. Very sharp bite in the dry.

After nearly a year of abuse, the rubber popped out, now maybe just any pad will die after a year of abuse. That may be me giving them a hard time, but hey, there was still at least 4mm of rubber to use ;) .