Pad Reviews

Mark W

has any one tried the new zoo! pads? are they still as good as the old ones??

Mine have been well good. But the rim has to be perfectly clean for them to bite properly, slight bit of dust on them, and they're wank.

The wobble a fair bit too. :ermm:

• 2 weeks later...
Mine have been well good. But the rim has to be perfectly clean for them to bite properly, slight bit of dust on them, and they're wank.

The wobble a fair bit too. :ermm:

Totally agree, mine are well shit, but beast on a light grind, the wobble is insane you can feel the bike rocking on the back wheel. I had some of the 06s and they were amazing, real let down to have these.

anyone recommend some really quiet pads?

im running onza citrus front and rear and the rear is fine being louder than a bus cause i like the pad but im wanting something quiet for the front that wont wake up my entire street when i come home at night.

cheers

PHIL

• 4 weeks later...
anyone recommend some really quiet pads?

im running onza citrus front and rear and the rear is fine being louder than a bus cause i like the pad but im wanting something quiet for the front that wont wake up my entire street when i come home at night.

cheers

PHIL

koxx bloxx browns (Y)

Pads: Adamant pads

Time used: few days

Rim used: DX32

Grind: light with small amounts of tar

Ceraminc: no

Brake used: dengura/echo lever

What is your opinion of a working brake: immediate lock, but the hold is more important.

Previous used pads: Cousts, heatsink blues/whites, green rock pads

Review:

These pads may need abit longer to wear to the rim, but after a few days they are still sh*te. I've tried smooth rim, then a light grind, I've cleaned the rim with everythign i can think of, i've used a smooth rim with tar, and alight grind with tar, but the hold just isnt there, immediate lock is good, but the hold just isnt confident inspiring. They sounds ok though, nice little screech to them.

harsh grind, with no wanky tar

harsh grind, with no wanky tar

He can't harsh grind to save his life though.

Pads: Rimjam v3's plastic backings.

Time used: about 3 weeks

Rim used: Echo 07 26"

Grind: Mediumish... bordering harsh. $-5 weeks old nevertheless.

Brake used: Maggie, RB lever.

Opinion of a working brake: Nice loud noise when biting suddenly. Would hold well on a totally flat wall without slipping.

Previous pads used: Where do i begin..... Plazzies, Koxx yellows & blues, Old rimjams, joypads, coust pads, heatsink blues, heatsink reds, tensile bubblegums, magura blacks (:sick:).

Review:

Nice loud noise at first it seemed to be a bit of a honker, then as the pads wore it got a bit more girly... probably in the last 2-3mm of the pad material. Bite was immense, with these pads i actually had enough confidence to start the whole apply the brake inches before you land thing and oh my gosh i'm hooked :lol:. The hold was okay i guess, if i was trackstanding and clamped the brake amply and REALLY pushed on the lead pedal it slipped a few mm and slipped on missed taps/gaps a bit but other than that, perfect. Pads were worn at some silly angle and still wanted to save my life everytime i hopped. All in all, VERY impressed.

Now i have some rock pad blues... be back in a week or so :shifty:

Pads: Rimjam V3

Time used: 2 Hours

Rim used: Echo 06

Mod/Stock: Mod

Grind: Yes light and fresh

Brake used: 06 Hs33 Adamant blade water bleed

Review: Borght these pads of a mate for £5 because ive never had a good brake and herd these were awsome. I found the hard to set up having a 47mm echo rim but managed to sort that and as soon as i tried them i fell in love with them they were stupidly loud and very bitey. Hold is incredable.

Rating:10/10

Pads: Rock pads (green)

Time used: 2 days

Rim used: Echo '07

Mod/Stock: Stock

Grind: NOPE, Brand new rim,

Brake used: 06 HS33 standard everythig. (no booster)

Review:

Spent about 20 mins setting them up, Hitting the rim flat, and at the same time. Then took the bike out for a quick curb sesh. Pulled the lever and there was a nice loud Honk, and the wheel lock immediately . Done a gap from road to curb, (about 5/6 feet) at the wheel hit the curb at the edge, and the wheel didn't move, and honked to let me know I had just made it.

Took it out for a longer ride, I tapped a wall just under bar height (38inch) and the brake slipped, but only about 3 inch, but it made a horrid noise as it slipped. I gapped something bigger, and the same thing happened, slipped and made a horrid noise. I wacked some tar on the rim and there were 100 times better, and louder, the hold was extremely good. didn't slip. and the wheel locks up better, and the noise is way louder. Very similar to Zoo pads. as good as them if you ask me.

Very good pads. Recommended

Pads: Rock pads (green)

Time used: 2 days

Rim used: Echo '07

Mod/Stock: Stock

Grind: NOPE, Brand new rim,

Brake used: 06 HS33 standard everythig. (no booster)

Review:

Spent about 20 mins setting them up, Hitting the rim flat, and at the same time. Then took the bike out for a quick curb sesh. Pulled the lever and there was a nice loud Honk, and the wheel lock immediately . Done a gap from road to curb, (about 5/6 feet) at the wheel hit the curb at the edge, and the wheel didn't move, and honked to let me know I had just made it.

Took it out for a longer ride, I tapped a wall just under bar height (38inch) and the brake slipped, but only about 3 inch, but it made a horrid noise as it slipped. I gapped something bigger, and the same thing happened, slipped and made a horrid noise. I wacked some tar on the rim and there were 100 times better, and louder, the hold was extremely good. didn't slip. and the wheel locks up better, and the noise is way louder. Very similar to Zoo pads. as good as them if you ask me.

Very good pads. Recommended

how can u recomend some pads that you had to use with tar because they were so shite?

I thought they were pretty rad all round to be fair.

Edit: i've got some koxx browns annd a new grind set up straight and hits the rim square, but they make f**k all noise and have little bite. I think it's because the brake needs a bleed, but if someone could verify that it would be handy and save me some time.

Edited by Joe Rothwell

I thought they were pretty rad all round to be fair.

Edit: i've got some koxx browns annd a new grind set up straight and hits the rim square, but they make f**k all noise and have little bite. I think it's because the brake needs a bleed, but if someone could verify that it would be handy and save me some time.

Let them bed in, prefebly in the dry, try cleaning the rim or something, aswell as a rebleed.

Matx

New Zoo pads

i first tryed these on a smooth rim and they slipped quite a bit at first but finally bedded in after rubbing them on a brick for 5 min!!!

they worked really well after that but then started to go shite again after about 30 min of riding (N)

then i tryed them on a light grind and that really buggerd them up i may as well ride with maggy blacks for now......ordering V3's tomorow woop woop

phill

Why the f**k does everyone praise rock pad blues?

Theyve worn at a silly rate today and they crap :angry:

Lol, I was thinking the same thing, I can't think of anyone's in Inverness that have worked decent :ermm: And a fair few people here have had them!

Edited by David20