The Top Gear Thread

Smo™

• 5 months later...

Did anyone see the India special? Usually I really like the specials- it tends to be what appears a real challenge and ones like the Andes and Thailand ones had a good mix of sillyness with a bit of proper adventure. The India one just annoyed me though for being stupid from start to finish with no real point in the cars being involved at all.

I agree, the India special didn't do it for me. As said before there was just no point to it. Last years was the Jerusalem special and that was amazing because it was about their journeys and experiences along the way, and there was obviously going to be problems. The India special was about them being stupid, and the only car related challenge involved transporting curry and rice in a tin?! :blink:

As someone who knows shit and doesn't really care about cars, I also agree. The races are usually my favorite part, even more so with the specials. But this was all even more scripted than usual. Like has been said I preferred the more adventurous one's where they actually had random issues rather than scripted ones.

Yup, when you saw the actual excitement in clarksons eyes when they were making their way through the jungle to the tiredness and fear like driving on that mountainside road the completely setup stuff like hammond dropping all the tins off his roof and ripping the front end of his mini off seems a proper waste of what could have been another great special.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it is from Leicester. And Boumsong is from near Leicester. Remember his BMScirocco? That's just how it's done down there.

650bhp+ through a clutch that looks tiny in the hands of a hamster is a silly clutch.

Find it hard to believe this is a clutch off a 500bhp car or whatever the power output of the Noble is. Not really important but it caught my attention.

32687641.jpg

I thought this as well seeing as a clutch that looks identical on my car has been proven too suck at anything above 100bhp...l

I know its a different league but you'd expect paddle clutch at least.

The lambo was so just perfect. The noble was silly and the Mclaren was a work of art, seeing how they're made makes me very intrigued.

I just got round to watching the new episode this morning, and it was nicely refreshing for them to go back to that little bit of stupidity that made them entertaining while still feeling that you got something from the show... The rest of the series looks pretty good from the trailer too, and who knew Will.I.Am had his fingers in so many pies?