Remember When?

Al_Fel

That's it! Steve Morris! I had forgotten his name. Have you got a present picture of him?

Haven't met him riding during my later stays in the UK.

Luke and Cara back in the old days

IPB Image

Do you know this guy? I met him at Hexagons in London. He ran double disc.

IPB Image

Boris Shandybin. I like this shot. '99

IPB Image

Riding my monty x-hydra at some demo in Moscow.

IPB Image

Chris, at my first bike trial comp there were NO mountain bikes of any size! everyone was on either a montesa (later to become monty) fantic or a converted BMX.

My bro started on a converted BMX, Rayleigh Burner. My dad made an welded him a bashguard on it an put a granny cog on the front!

Chris, remember the team trial at thriftwood. you rode in your cannondale top. Or do you not wanna recall that comp? Was a bit wet an muddy though ;)

I remember the first time I saw Ian Cooper ride. The Proflex with rock hard elastomers in the rear to kill the suspension, an P bones on the front. Those were the days that Akrigg rode for Monty on a 20"! And Terry Craig was still riding in elite.

Jordi Rubio coming over to ride a Brit round an winning elite.

I also remember the first time I rode against Vincent Hermance. Was at Buthier the first year the BIU's went there. Was amazing even then. He looked about 14! Rode with either foot forward, didnt matter.

Belgium in 99. Danny Butlers first BIU world comp. Riding the Bilstein step!!! Ian Cooper winning Expert. Me an Stevie Thompson on the silver Saracens! First time I saw JJ as well.

Didn't DLB used to have one of those Raleigh's? In between the mass of megamo's (Y)

He did... now it's mine! But it wasn't half as nice as the painted one, plus it's cracked...

One of the London rides (i am on the left). Guess Ian knows all other riders. Go on, name them mate :)

Luke Edwards....Steve..erm whatever...Kevin...dont remember the rest :(

IPB Image

Yeah, you on the left, Chris Hodges, Luke, not sure who's on the right (Stuart?), then Stephen and Kev. They were the days... and they really were!

I remember the first time I saw Ian Cooper ride. The Proflex with rock hard elastomers in the rear to kill the suspension, an P bones on the front.
I remember Rich Johnson riding a Proflex...

Belgium in 99. Danny Butlers first BIU world comp. Riding the Bilstein step!!! Ian Cooper winning Expert. Me an Stevie Thompson on the silver Saracens! First time I saw JJ as well.
And I remember you two on silver Saracens!!

By the way Dimitri, do you and Luke still ride?

anyone remember radical highs?

Two fat ladies watching on as a young Eddie Tongue pedal gaps across the canal in Stratford Upon Avon.

Akriggs mini interview towards the end at a British round where he was talking about how Trials is about not letting the obstacle beat you (or something like that), whilst inbetween it they showed clips of him trying time and time again to nail this one line after the comp, finally making it and the noise everyone makes when he does it! loved that bit.

Great show that actually showed Trials in a proper, all round manner.

Two fat ladies watching on as a young Eddie Tongue pedal gaps across the canal in Stratford Upon Avon.

Akriggs mini interview towards the end at a British round where he was talking about how Trials is about not letting the obstacle beat you (or something like that), whilst inbetween it they showed clips of him trying time and time again to nail this one line after the comp, finally making it and the noise everyone makes when he does it! loved that bit.

Great show that actually showed Trials in a proper, all round manner.

Also had interviews with the marti(y)ns too at a demo and a little feature on pashley, packed a lot into 15 mins.

The other half was two people kayaking and they had a dog!

Backcown 2001 First nationals for me and Dave Dennis

IPB Image

Stuart Matthews, Steven Howes, Me, Ben Savage, Matt Tongue, Unsure?, Kris Leeson, George Gori

Dave Dennis in the section

Top left to right Chris Swallows, Adam Burns, Unsure? , Ali C

who knows the rest ?

Nick

Chris Wright - won 20" Elite (started up cleanbikes just two months after that photo!) (Y)

Backcown 2001 First nationals for me and Dave Dennis

IPB Image

Stuart Matthews, Steven Howes, Me, Ben Savage, Matt Tongue, Unsure?, Kris Leeson, George Gori

Dave Dennis in the section

Top left to right Chris Swallows, Adam Burns, Unsure? , Ali C

who knows the rest ?

Nick

Bottom right corner, Vaughn Wilson holding little Scott's bike for him!!! Scott is over on the left hand side in his Monty suit!

I recognise the guy in the blue fleece, black jeans, with his hands behind his back as well. Looks a lot like Mik Huskinson. But I cant be 100% sure

Edited by Badboy

Bottom right corner, Vaughn Wilson holding little Scott's bike for him!!! Scott is over on the left hand side in his Monty suit!

I recognise the guy in the blue fleece, black jeans, with his hands behind his back as well. Looks a lot like Mik Huskinson. But I cant be 100% sure

hahahahahaha

well spotted bazwell!!!!!

That does look like mr huskinson aswelll (Y)

Like a hawk you are!!! :P

Scott

(p.s.you in australia yet??)

the old rocket fab trials frame, now that was a tasty bit of kit, reynolds tubing, hand made in canada, lush!!

also that biketrials magazine, i think 2 issues of that ever come to light, i remember getting both of them for free, still remember the london ride they went on with some cool pics. anyone got a BTM still kicking about?

Ben

the old rocket fab trials frame, now that was a tasty bit of kit, reynolds tubing, hand made in canada, lush!!

also that biketrials magazine, i think 2 issues of that ever come to light, i remember getting both of them for free, still remember the london ride they went on with some cool pics. anyone got a BTM still kicking about?

Ben

I got to test that Rocket trials frame. Rode it first at Devon round of the Brits one year. I was testing it before I got my Saracen from MAD.

Yep Scott im a bit of a hawk eye!!

An yeah i am in Oz, 9am here, 25deg, sunny. Your all jealous I know it!