World First Barspin on a mood?

necoRick

So good! I genuinely admire anyone that throws barspins (having experienced "basketball finger" many times trying them), not quite the same but once tried an x-up on a mod (old school) and nearly popped both my shoulders out haha!

You really should edit the topic title from "mood" to "mod". I think bar spins look good and think it would be cool to see more in trials, our stem/bar setup's suck for them though.

Taking nothing away from this in a actual pure trials line I think you would earn more respect from people than doing it in a skate park.

• Like 1

Bunnyhop is harder than flyout most people learn them by pinching a bmx saddle between the knee's. you can do a new school version though of just keeping one hand on the bar's and trying to lock your heel's against your crank arms to give you stability when throwing them.

That was a really nice barspin on a mod (Y) Given the amount of riders exist i imagen somebody has done it elsewhere 10 years ago. Nothing against you ofc, just most people would be surprised what's already been done.

Am I the only one that thinks BMX tricks on a mod just look wrong somehow?

Depends on the execution imo. Take the older mod riders, they can make spins look sweet, while Joe Bloggs on his Inspired still can't make a 180 look reasonably nice. Generally speaking though, any bike that is quite scooterish or weightless is always going to result in the rider having a naff style imo.

Jeff Lenosky doesn't ride a mod btw :P

Anyone can barspin a mtb, even me :giggle:

Jeff Lenosky is awesome though! I've seen him drop off the back of a small bench and throw the bars on the way down which I thought was pretty impressive (couldn't find a clip.)

Mods really aren't my thing, I'll leave it at that.