F1

Fish-Finger-er

The pass was inevitable though, he could have left that attempt and done it elsewhere comfortably surely?

Lewis probably assumed as he was on the track edge that Maldonardo had done just that. Ah well, I'm just annoyed fernando is now a race win ahead!

• 2 weeks later...

Not read much about it but hope she's okay. How do you manage to hit the team truck on a straight runway though?

I don't think maldanardos penalty was tough enough. He dropped one point. Where as Hamilton dropped 18 for doing nothing wrong.

Looking forward to silverstone :) also the plans for London gp look awesome :)

Sounds like a nasty testing accident for Maria de Villota at Duxford. Hope she's ok and I guess it's too soon for certain sex driver's abilities isn't it...

That's a little unreasonable since none of the details of the crash have come out yet.

Anyway, the poor woman has lost an eye, I hope that's the worst of it, awful accident.

That's a little unreasonable since none of the details of the crash have come out yet.

Exactly, hence why I was asking if it was too early. I'm sure there were plenty on sickipedia... I'd say it's probably safe to say it was inexperience in the car (or in an F1 car for that matter) which caused the accident- could've happened to any young driver though (although I'd hope Marussia rethink the orientation of their set up when testing like this in the future). From the initial reports it sounds like she's lucky to only have lost her eye- could've been much worse.

Just had a look at her page on Wiki- how the hell did she manage to blag tests in F1 anyway? I can only assume it was because of her dad pulling strings and offering big bucks.

Edit: That probably sounds more cutting than I meant- basically from her past it seems she wasn't anywhere near good enough to warrant an F1 drive, irrelevant of sex. Bottom line is she shouldn't have been there in the first place in which case none of this would've happened.

"Apparently" anit-stall kicked in which gives 50% throttle in 1st gear. Shows in-experience but still tragic. All the best for her for sure.

http://formulaoneupdate.wordpress.com/

True but unlikely to be 50% throttle as that is good for some limiter action

• 1 month later...

Should be an interesting race this weekend at Spa Francorchamps. Wet practice, followed by a potentially wet/dry qualifier, followed by a potentially dry race on Sunday. Expect teams to be scratching their heads on what set-up to use. All eyes will be on team Lotus with the amount of progress they have made to their cars.

Edited by Rusevelt

Really.... harsh? Maldonado should have just got a drive through within the first 5 laps, that would have f**ked him up enough. He gained like 7 places so being dropped 10 isn't bad.

And Romain came 3 foot away from killing Alonso through reckless, un-nessecary, dangerous driving. And if Hamiltons car would have tipped it would have been a damn sight worse for him. Apparently he has caused accidents in 7 first lap incidents this season which really needed addressing.

• Like 1

Its not hard to be better than the BBC commentary. Literally love F1 but tempted not to watch it until I get Sky, Coulthard was f**king useless insinuating that Hamilton could have done anything, if he accelerated his rear wheel hit Romains front, he braked and his front his Romains rear. Literally Eddie Jordan and Coulthard can f**k off and die, for 2 people so "in tune" with the sport, they really have no clue. Even Martin Whitmarsh's interview was shockingly bad management.

I noticed, which wasn't actually picked up on by any "analyst" at the BBC that Romain actually turns his head and looks across at Hamilton before he hits him. (which you can see on good quality on-board Hamilton which I cant find a good copy of)

Edited by Simpson

Simps +1

It needed to be addressed, as it was just getting stupid. Although the famous/infamous Senna quote springs to mind.

It almost seemed deliberate. which is absolutely ludicrous, but someone who is prepared to sacrifice his own and others safety for no discernible gain deserves the rulebook to be thrown at them. Remember the media and critics behaviour when Hamilton was hitting Massa every other weekend?

But woop for Button getting back to his best! A pleasure to watch his incredible consistency and outright pace!

Edited by shamus