F1

Fish-Finger-er

didn't hamilton win one of his titles in a similar way (after the fia made a post race/end of the championship decision giving someone a penalty)? personally i'd just like to see vettel throw a massive paddy and blame everyone else like he normally does when things don't go his way. i'd also like to see him not win either, for some reason i can't stand him.

didn't hamilton win one of his titles in a similar way (after the fia made a post race/end of the championship decision giving someone a penalty)? personally i'd just like to see vettel throw a massive paddy and blame everyone else like he normally does when things don't go his way. i'd also like to see him not win either, for some reason i can't stand him.

You've got him mistaken for Hamilton.

You've got him mistaken for Hamilton.

no haha, hamilton may not be the most mature of drivers but he isn't as bad as vettel. did you miss vettel nearly drive into the back of someone behind the safety car, then blame them for his mistake?

vettel's mentality of thinking he deserves everything is annoying.

no haha, hamilton may not be the most mature of drivers but he isn't as bad as vettel. did you miss vettel nearly drive into the back of someone behind the safety car, then blame them for his mistake?

vettel's mentality of thinking he deserves everything is annoying.

Vettel was quick to blame the Toro Rosso (?) over the radio during the safety car but in the interviews after he said it was his fault as he should have been paying more attention during the re-start.

Like most people he was quick to blame someone else in the heat of the moment, but on reflection saw what really happened.

• 1 month later...

With the missus working evenings now I've taken up model making to pass the time, more specifically the tamiya f1 range. This as meant m paying attention to the aesthetics and appearance of the cars. Leaves me with this question for you;

Favourite formula 1 car through the ages/era?

Personally mines the early 90s, the cars where stunning. More specifically, the Jordan 191...

http://lemurph.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/jordan-191.jpg

Or the mclaren mp4/5b, both stunning mean looking machines.

What's yours?

• 1 month later...

Surely that should go in boti and not f1 thread?

I'm well excited for the weekend, I hope Hamilton gets a decent result to shut a few people up. I really hope the red bulls are not stupendously good cars again and leave the rest of the field behind.

• Like 2

Looked like a good race to me, Maclaren appear to be shite for the moment, with the burden of developing a new car and getting it to race pace on Button, while Perez gets used to it. Lotus look like they have got their act together, good result for raikonnen as well. Hamilton did well for 4th, I reckon he's gonna be the dark horse for this year, now he hasn't got all the Maclaren corporate shit to deal with, plus he has the tactical genius Ross Brawn behind him. It can only be a good thing.

Even less fun to watch when BBC news post the results up on their app before the highlights are shown.

Why they can't just call it 'F1 results' without putting the winner in the headline I don't know...

That pisses me off soooo much. I've been caught out a few times and it really grinds my gears.

Ah sorry yeah, 1/20th is the Tamiya non die cast size isn't it. I did a Senna MP4/4 and a Senna 87 Lotus 99T in my yoof, plus a 1/12th '75 Ferrari 312T before moving on to radio controlled cars!
I've just finished the Braun Tyrell Honda from 1991, and in reserves to build I've got a few others from the early 90's. Jordan 191, Honda mp4/5b (senna special edition) and a Williams fw13b. Ordering a lotus Honda camel edition and a Benetton as we speak :lol:. God knows if I'll get round to doing them, just like knowing I have them I suppose...

Just watched yesterday's race, what a load of shit. F1 is killing itself.

What's the issue? Malaysia was the most entertaining F1 race I've seen in ages... like Rich J, I fell asleep watching Australia, but this race had everything. Firstly, there was the contrast of the Mercedes and Red Bull drivers approach regarding team orders. Force India trying to do a pit stop... heck, McLaren trying to do a pit stop. Crashes (and near misses) in the pits due to unsafe releases, Alonso crashing after gambling another lap with a broken nose.