Heno Hbs1 Photos Prototype

H.e.n. bikes

looks like you'll need a VERY true rim to be able to run these brakes, although good on them for trying it out!

for those who said you'd need to modify the lever to get the correct amount of stroke back, there would be no point in doing the slave cylinder upgrade if you were to do that as it'd bring the power back down!

I can't see any way of bleeding the brake. Are there other bolts on the bottom of the calipers to allow bleeding?

I'm guessing the bolt in the side of the cylinder is where you would bleed it.

I know this is about the brake, but that booster/brake clamp, looks odd, needs a lot of spacers to fit :S

to be honest I see nothing wrong with the powere you get from a magura hs 33. I run mine with cnc pad backings and a water bleed, and it feels and performs amazing.

Why offer a product based on another product which needs no alterations or adjusments.

• 2 weeks later...
Can I suggest that you sort out the booster/clamp design so it actually sits on the frame? That looks like a problem waiting to happen to me...

Nah must just be shabby sheek. haha

Didn't see that the first time I looked at it... Surely they would have thought to measure it up before it was made?

Can I just apologise to Mr HEN bikes... I know all my posts have been kind of nit picky but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and like to understand things like the brake and have a bit of an eye for picking out minor issues in designs... Just think of it as a bit of constructive criticism to try and help.

maybe its one of the original prototype booster/clamps

might have its sorted on the production ones. if not will defo looks a neater if the bootom mount/booster sits in the four bolt mounts on the frame.

personally i think the booster/mount idea is great, its a bit different from everything out there, really like the look of the brakes too, would love to see how they compare to my rear avid on a smooth rim. if the power claims can be backed up and they're not silly money i might buy one.

i reckon it'd work better with the mount/booster bit on top....

would actually be "boosting" more there since the pistons would be sandwiched between the frame and booster (in that picture, the pushing force from the pistons is above the booster + frame meaning that there will still be flex above..)...

would also solve the fact that it doesn't sit properly...

edit- like it is, the cross-over is exposed too..

Edited by zhi nuts!

There are plenty of frames out there that don't require a booster, and so your crossover is showing. I may be wrong, but I've always believed that the booster prevented the flex of the frame between the two stays, this would then allow the brake to bite better and not slip. I can't see how the booster being above or below the cylinder would affect the braking.

If you look at your brake under pressure though, without a booster the brake kind of pivots about the frame mounts, i.e. frame flexes outwards but also the bolts can flex to allow the whole cyclinders to rotate slightly about the mounting point. By putting the booster so it 'sandwiches' the cylinders with the frame, you'll help reduce both frame and bolt flex more efficiently. That's how I've always thought of it anyway.