Heno Hbs1 Photos Prototype

H.e.n. bikes

So what frame is the booster designed for?

Surely lots of frames have different widths of brake mount positions, and this booster design only seems to have up&down movement, rather than side to side movement as well.

I am not sure how to combat this?

but surely if you swap frames in the future there is a possibility it will not fit your new frame?

if the power claims can be backed up...

surely thats a science fact ? they've changed the leverage/piston sizes/ whatever you want to call it - so it has to be more powerful - just dont go buckling your rims ...

If you look at your brake under pressure though, without a booster the brake kind of pivots about the frame mounts, i.e. frame flexes outwards but also the bolts can flex to allow the whole cyclinders to rotate slightly about the mounting point. By putting the booster so it 'sandwiches' the cylinders with the frame, you'll help reduce both frame and bolt flex more efficiently. That's how I've always thought of it anyway.

what he said ...

according to the webiste its got a 100-104mm mounting spacing, designed for 39-48mm rims.

thats not much room for error ? and i dont see from the pictures how ?

surely thats a science fact ? they've changed the leverage/piston sizes/ whatever you want to call it - so it has to be more powerful - just dont go buckling your rims ...

it would be science fact if there were any figures to quantify and back up what they said. at the moment its just a claim.

not overly convinced byt it all, to many small niggles in the design and claims of performance increases from the brake but nothing to back it up.

looks good, but thats it so far.

it would be science fact if there were any figures to quantify and back up what they said. at the moment its just a claim.

not overly convinced byt it all, to many small niggles in the design and claims of performance increases from the brake but nothing to back it up.

looks good, but thats it so far.

havent they just put in bigger pistons ? think its being run off a maggie lever ?

EDIT : maybe not but thats how its being done ...

Edited by manuel

Last time i asked hen are making a lever :)

if they increase the lever size then with a magura lever it would pull in really far, but with more power when it hits the rim.

i guess the new lever will enable them to increase the power but retain a reasonable lever throw and feel.

i was doubting the claim, its just theyve given no figures to actually back up the claim.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On a site there is no important information.

>> "Фотографии в галерее еще не добавлены!"

Photos in gallery are not added yet!

Edited by Upbikes

Not quiet sure what you mean sorry...

As you can see the calipers can be broke down cleaned etc, with new seals being availabe ! Hopefuly that will mean that the problems with leaking the dengura had will be elimated ! All the internals are completly replaceable, which will hopefuly mean that you can keep the same pistons just replacing internals. And like most of the HEN range, comes with 5 year warrenty !

Heres a couple of pics :)

post-14034-1217513417_thumb.jpg

post-14034-1217513425_thumb.jpg

i know its going back to the start of the thread, but no one has answered dave, 25% more braking power? It would be 25% more powerful if the lever cylinder was larger, not the brake cylinders. The smaller (to a degree) the brake cylinder is the more powerful the piston force will be on a lever driven system, yeah? so why weaken the brake with a bigger piston without releasing a even larger cylinder in a lever?

Edited by M-i-t-c-h

i know its going back to the start of the thread, but no one has answered dave, 25% more braking power? It would be 25% more powerful if the lever cylinder was larger, not the brake cylinders. The smaller (to a degree) the brake cylinder is the more powerful the piston force will be on a lever driven system, yeah? so why weaken the brake with a bigger piston without releasing a even larger cylinder in a lever?

No, making the brake cylinder bigger will make it more powerfull, but it will mean that if it is run with a magura lever for example you would need to set the brake up closer to the rim, anybody remember RB levers that had a 13mm piston instead of the magura 14mm, brake was more powerfull, but more spongey and you had to set the pads closer to the rim.

Adam