Heno Hbs1 Photos Prototype

H.e.n. bikes

It'd be interesting how they worked out the 'brake power is increased by 25%', or at least to prove it in some way...

19mm piston vs. 14mm on standard maggy? Lever pivot will have to be modified also to allow the ratios to work... is there a matching lever H.e.n. (jpeg seems to say that it will be used with a Magura/Echo/RB lever)? I'm sure Tarty will correct me if that's wrong :)

Says it's made from tool steel... kind of overkill isn't it? Immediately making it heavier than a comparative Ma/Den gura.

Also (sorry for the negativity, just trying to understand everything) I can't see any way of bleeding the brake. Are there other bolts on the bottom of the calipers to allow bleeding?

Yeah, I was hoping for more sort of... I dunno, empirical sorta data to back it up. I know that having a bigger piston = win, but if the brake is flexy/shit or whatever it's not going to achieve much?

I just hope the splitter doesn't make the brake as much of a total b*****d to bleed as the Monty ones, for such little reward.

I know that having a bigger piston = win

Only if you change the lever leverage surely? If you use a standard lever, it will pull right to the bars before the pads even touch the rim... When they do contact you'll have better braking force (i.e. pressure behind the pistons) but if that's not usable then it's pointless. Maybe I'm missing something though.

as above....! definitely need more info...how do you bleed it is a very good question :P

d16tl is hen's own finest choice of aluminium (their main selling point being, "it doesn’t rot")..as seen here

guess the tool steel is just the fittings...

Edited by zhi nuts!

I still can't believe they actually use the name "HEN Bikes". I saw it in someone's display name on MSN and thought it was just a joke.

There's only one other name in the trials world that's stupider, but I'm not allowed to say what it is 'cos apparently when I post about it it upsets the owner. I shit you not.

Wow! A "HENgura"

looks like a good idea, not so sure on the massive slave cylinders though! The splitter idea looks really good, ive been using a monty one for ages and they're not difficult to bleed and very effective, just a pain to fit in the first place. So the shroud nut splitter seems a good idea. Like to so a pic of the real thing.

Andrew

Edited by walker

I still can't believe they actually use the name "HEN Bikes". I saw it in someone's display name on MSN and thought it was just a joke.

There's only one other name in the trials world that's stupider, but I'm not allowed to say what it is 'cos apparently when I post about it it upsets the owner. I shit you not.

neco?

rimjam

koxx?:P

19mm piston vs. 14mm on standard maggy? Lever pivot will have to be modified also to allow the ratios to work... is there a matching lever H.e.n. (jpeg seems to say that it will be used with a Magura/Echo/RB lever)? I'm sure Tarty will correct me if that's wrong :)

hope trial disc use the same lever as minis but with bigger pistons and that seems to be ok.

know on my car i had to change the master cylinder to get the pedal right but the piston increase was massive.

i would offer myself as a test dummy.

• 2 weeks later...
hope trial disc use the same lever as minis but with bigger pistons and that seems to be ok.

know on my car i had to change the master cylinder to get the pedal right but the piston increase was massive.

i would offer myself as a test dummy.

They're ok becuase disc brakes flex a lot less and rotors are a lot truer, also, there's a lot less compression in the pads.

I always thought the movement to power ratio for maguras was spot on.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a hole for a grub screw to allow bleeding below the Heno on the pistons - looks to be something.

Looks like a good set up if it works although I hope it is easy to adjust the length of the splitter hoses to suit different frames (like using magura style olives - although it looks like it'll be braded which should be better).

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...