Heno Hbs1 Photos Prototype

H.e.n. bikes

Has anyone mentioned the fact that it looks to have sharp edges, if i managed to draw blood hitting my angle on a perfectly curved magura edge then thats going to cut deep surely...

Also, whats wrong with maguras or than the price?

Actionman (monkeyseemonkeydo) hit the nail on the head about the 25% power incrase. If you make a lever to suit the increased piston surely you be back to the same power as a magura. The power of a brake is down to how hard you pull it, relative to the leverage ratio in the lever.

Peoples brakes dont work because they dont have the right set up!

SLAP ON THE TAR - thats what i say lol

fletch

If you look at your brake under pressure though, without a booster the brake kind of pivots about the frame mounts, i.e. frame flexes outwards but also the bolts can flex to allow the whole cyclinders to rotate slightly about the mounting point. By putting the booster so it 'sandwiches' the cylinders with the frame, you'll help reduce both frame and bolt flex more efficiently. That's how I've always thought of it anyway.

I know that does happen, but to what degree. Would putting the booster on top make any real difference than putting it on the bottom.

As for all the people who are saying "if they make a leaver, wouldn't the 25% be brought back to 0". Maybe the leaver will have the same machanical power as a magura leaver. It would make sence as people running maguras may go and buy it.

Edited by JT!

Would putting the booster on top make any real difference than putting it on the bottom.

Yes.

Maybe the leaver will have the same machanical power as a magura leaver.

But you'd then be right back to the problems described in this thread of a brake that will need to be set up really close to the rim and wouldn't work with a slightly buckled wheel.

Wouldn't this brake have the same effect as a magura with one of the longer lever blades? To a certain extent.

If I was after a rear hydraulic rim brake, I'd be seriously considering one of these right now.

05 maguras crack on the lever within 2 months unless u cut the back away, ive snapped loads and seen loads snap.

Matx

You may have broken some, but others have had no problems whatsoever

I ran a pair for over a year with no issues, and the people who have them now haven't had problems either

Will be good to see if these brakes actually go anywhere - even the Denguras hardly seem to be seen much, so is putting out another nearly identical system going to be a worthwhile project?

I ran a pair for over a year with no issues, and the people who have them now haven't had problems either

Will be good to see if these brakes actually go anywhere - even the Denguras hardly seem to be seen much, so is putting out another nearly identical system going to be a worthwhile project?

are your 05s not even cracked? on the underside?

Mat

Not that I run them now as I'm on dual vees, but in the 14 or so months I ran them and then the use from the rider I sold them to there's been no signs of cracks/snaps etc

Obviously some people have had issues which should be taken into account, but from my experiences with them I'd run them again (if for some reason I had to!) :P

I'm not too sure what the major appeal is of a new set of slaves though on the whole - Maggie slaves sell for peanuts second hand if you should need them and don't tend to fail very often, do they?

edit: where do you mean, Mat? The place they tend to go when seriously overtightened, or elsewhere?

Overtightening would also sorta indirectly cause them to fail, 'cos if your levers can't move when you fall off, then you're more likely to snap the lever bodies anywaY?

This whole "CHECK MY PICT0RZ, WHICH YOU LIKE?" style of product R&D is slightly disconcerting.

For a more ridgid and hence more powerful brake, the mounting of the slave cylinders should be in double shear, not single. The idea has been toyed with on a KOXX frame, but why hasn't it gone into production. This idea being mounting the slave cylinder integrated into the frame so that it is clamped in double shear, giving you a much stronger, less flexible mount, or do people prefer the flex?

Andrew

Wouldn't this brake have the same effect as a magura with one of the longer lever blades? To a certain extent.

If I was after a rear hydraulic rim brake, I'd be seriously considering one of these right now.

RB ergo F1 lever, smaller piston and longer lever = power :)

Far more comfortable for me than the maggie lever and never had any problems with the pads being too close to the rim, that said I do like to keep my wheels tight and true.

HENO Disc Break?

On the site it says about them, and that the rotors will be 180mm b6a7e77b6f25.jpg

but no other info. Anybody know about this one?

To be fair, ive spoke to the guy, he told me loads of details, but i really dout that the disk brakes and other components will even reach proto. Seems like hes just getting ideas drawing and ''producing'', if i do manage to ever recive one ill defo inform :)

Was an actually is really common as far as im aware. Its happened to quite alot of riders. Ive had it happen to me.

I dont run magura now anyway as there a pain in the arse and i don't feel the brakeing is good enough anyway compared to a vee.

on the underside, its nothing to do with over tighening, its just because of the square cut were the piston goes in, i run my maguras loose so you can move them with your hands etc and still snapped 2-3.

mine are cracked now btw but i have filed it away so its not a sharp corner.

Matx